Clarett signs incentive-laden deal with no guaranteed money.

Started by Geowhizzer, July 28, 2005, 10:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyberstorm

LOL,he gets to 990 yards,he will not see another snap this season,
dumbass
I guess I picked a bad time to stop sniffing glue

Everyone,find 1 minute each day to pray for Eaglefan 73

(Huge images removed. See this thread.)

MURP

T_Section224

Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

TexasEagle

Serves him right for being stupid. He played one year of college football and was hurt during it. Now when he finally gets to the NFL he signs a contract without a signing bonus on a team so loaded with RBs he's the 5th option. This kid's a farging genius.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteCLARETT WANTS TO BE CUT

As it turns out, T.O. isn't the only guy who might be faking a groin injury.

A league source tells us that Broncos rookie running back Maurice Clarett's groin injury is, in reality, a response by Clarett to the fact that he was stuck at the bottom of the depth chart at tailback.

Mo-Clo's reasoning (tortured as it may be) is that he can't earn the incentives in that stoopid no-bonus contract if he isn't getting touches on Sundays, and that he can't get touches on Sundays in September and beyond if he isn't getting reps with the ones in training camp and preseason.

So his grand plan, per the source, is to cajole the team into cutting him, in the hopes that he'll end up somewhere else . . . as the starter.

If Clarett were to be released, he'd first pass through waivers, giving every team a crack at picking up the rights to his current contract.  So in order to get paid beyond his $230,000 salary, he'd have to get to the top of the depth chart in his new town.

But that presumes he'll even get out of Denver.  As our own Len Lasagna reported on Thursday, the Broncos eventually will put Clarett on injured reserve, squirreling him away for the 2005 season.

Whether that means Clarett gets a chance to win the starting gig in 2006 remains to be seen.  We're hearing that Clarett is even more turdish in camp than the run-of-the-mill Bronco turd-jobs, and our guess is that the team eventually will tire of his routine.

When they do, of course, they'll be acknowledging that Coach Teflon's propensity for finding diamonds in the dregs of the draft had temporarily gone on hiatus when they handed in the card at the last pick in round three with Clarett's name on it.

If PFT is right here, Clarett might be as brain-dead as TO...what a dumbass.

rjs246

QuoteWe're hearing that Clarett is even more turdish in camp than the run-of-the-mill Bronco turd-jobs, and our guess is that the team eventually will tire of his routine.

Turd.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

NFL Network reporting that the Broncos are going to cut Clarett.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

:-D :-D

1. Clarett is a dumbass for accepting no signing bonus. If he had one on the books he'd have a job. Now the Broncos have no SB proration to worry about.

2. Shanahan is a fleshpopbag for wasting a 3rd round pick on him. I hate Shanahan so I find this funny. Good pick, Mike.

WEST is GOD

Dumbest pick in the history of football.

Couldn't they have had Fason?
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

TexasEagle

PhillyGirl

Oh man, KFFL Eagles message board. I think I just threw up a bit in my mouth reading this:

http://www.kffl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136312

Some of these guys are on another planet from normal people, I swear.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

BigEd76

They needed room to sign another Cleveland lineman....

Larry

More Mahe please.