Clarett signs incentive-laden deal with no guaranteed money.

Started by Geowhizzer, July 28, 2005, 10:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

PoopyfaceMcGee

Geowhizzer

He's got confidence, I'll give him that.

He's got, what, two quality RBs in front of him?  And heck, right now old Ron Dayne's ahead of him in the depth chart.  :-D

Father Demon

Good for him.  Imagine how much more exciting the NFL would be if ALL contracts were based on accomplishment.

Of course, that would be the end of team goals.....
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

MURP

lol, might work on another team, but I the Broncos would have to have a lot of injuries for Clarett to even touch the ball that much. 

T_Section224

Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Larry

You know Ricky Willliams signed this type of contract when he first entered the league...
More Mahe please.

Zanshin

...and Williams, drafted at that spot, was borderline retarded for signing that deal.  In his defense, we know what he was, in fact, smoking.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Larry on July 29, 2005, 02:00:32 PM
You know Ricky Willliams signed this type of contract when he first entered the league...

...and was demanding it be renegotiated as part of any trade, and the Dolphins did just that.

Tomahawk

Quote from: Zanshin on July 29, 2005, 02:01:52 PM
...and Williams, drafted at that spot, was borderline retarded for signing that deal.  In his defense, we know what he was, in fact, smoking.

Instead of hiring an agent, didn't Ricky let one of his friends negotiate the deal? Even dope doesn't make you that dopey. He's a straight up stone cold loon.

Zanshin

No he had a first time agent...forget who it was, but he was a highly-educated young guy, as I recall...who was overwhelmed.

PhillyPhreak54

Sgt PSN

Correct Phreak.  Ricky hired Master P as his agent coming out of college.

Make 'em say uhhhhhh!  Na na-na-na.