KEEPER LEAGUE Draft Discussions

Started by mikey418, July 28, 2005, 07:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey418

Well chuggie is up...and he's been known to hold things up and put them in his mouth.

We should require everyone to submit a list of like 15 players if they think they wont be around...that would cover at least 2 picks...
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett

MURP

well we can do the same thing as the other draft, that seemed to work.....

MURP

Starting round 3 there is a 1/2  (30 minutes for the tards) time limit.  If you havnt picked by then your pick is moved to the end of the final round. No questions asked.   If I have a list from you, you are safe even if it is over a 1/2 hour (if im away from the computer).  When I come back on and see it is past 30 minutes and I dont have a list from you I will acknowledge the next person is up to pick.    This is taking way too long today.   So send your lists in now.

Zanshin

MURP

Z, you must practice your Aikido in this situation.  ;)

Zanshin

MURP

Zanshin

Wouldn't be the first time a man had him contorted into knots.

troyhstewart

I don't know if this is going to run this weekend, but I sent a short list to Murp.  If all goes well, I'll be spending 6-8 hours playing in a hold 'em tournament on Saturday.

Tomahawk

Is it supposed to run on the weekend? Irregardless, I'll probably be working both farging Saturday and motherfarging Sunday so I'll be here.

mikey418

Lists are a help :-D...and frequent check ins.

Murp, also what I've seen in some drafts is that if someone doesn't make their time limit for their pick, instead of tacking their pick on at the very end of the draft, their pick is simply "open".  Meaning that the draft goes on and that whenever that person finally checks into the draft, they can then make the missed pick.  All players taken after when the pick was supposed to be made will still be valid and those players will be off the draft board.

Meaning if I miss my time limit, the draft goes on.  If I had wanted to draft James Thrash and Chuggie took him after my missed pick, and I then sign on, I cannot draft James Thrash since he is being chugged.  Essentially it just moves that person's pick to whenever they then make it, instead of bumping it to the very last round. 

Zanshin

Nah, just slap it on the end.  Really, it's just a stick to get people send lists anyway.  Too mucy possible confusion the other way.

But where the hell is hbionic-- he's been up since yesterday.

mikey418

Quote from: Zanshin on July 29, 2005, 02:32:45 PM
Nah, just slap it on the end. Really, it's just a stick to get people send lists anyway. Too mucy possible confusion the other way.

Obviously a busy night/day at the meat packing factory.

Tomahawk

Quote from: mikey418 on July 29, 2005, 02:42:42 PM
Quote from: Zanshin on July 29, 2005, 02:32:45 PM
Nah, just slap it on the end. Really, it's just a stick to get people send lists anyway. Too mucy possible confusion the other way.

Obviously a busy night/day at the meat packing factory.

He must be taking a tour of the face farging factory.

MURP

I dont have a list from Chuggie......