World (Vegas) Travel Thread

Started by hbionic, July 25, 2005, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

It basically means that each time the dice were thrown I had $120 out there. It's an average though because the come out roll was only $10 minimum. That's how they figure your player rating.

But after the point was established I'd back it with full odds (they're the only house in Vegas to count odds for comps) and I was fairly aggressive on placing numbers too.

Diomedes

I'm not trying to be an icehole, but I don't even understand your answer.  

You were betting $120 on a roll of dice?  The come out roll?  Player rating?  After the point was established?  You'd back what with what?

Aggression, that I understand.

There is just too much gambling lingo.  I'm sorry I asked.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Diomedes on February 09, 2011, 08:12:25 PM
I'm not trying to be an icehole, but I don't even understand your answer.  

You were betting $120 on a roll of dice?  The come out roll?  Player rating?  After the point was established?  You'd back what with what?

Aggression, that I understand.

There is just too much gambling lingo.  I'm sorry I asked.

My bad man, I thought you understood. Sorry to confuse. I was talking about craps. And yeah, the average bet was $120 per roll.

The rest of the lingo refers to different types of bets in the game.

Susquehanna Birder

So you start with the minimum (on the pass line) on the come out, and then work from there?

Dio, on a $10 table, once you get started, it's pretty easy to start throwing down chips on a few basic bets (and placing odds bets which basically help reduce the house's edge on certain outcomes), and have it bump up to over $100.

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 09, 2011, 05:52:05 PMI was rated at $120/roll for 4 hours and racked up over 1500 points in that time. That should be enough to get offers for rooms there.

World travel will never be discussed in this thread again.

phattymatty

nice phreak, i'll be at the cpsmo in a few weeks. congrats.  most people hate hearing gambling stories but crap runs, even from other people, make me so happy.

phattymatty

Quote from: QB Eagles on February 09, 2011, 09:40:44 PM
World travel will never be discussed in this thread again.

oh, speaking of, i just got my new passport in the mail today. they told me i would get my old one back with a hole in it. but i didn't and i'm pissed. i was pondering pretending i just lost it to keep the old one but the lady assured me i would get it back.

anyone know how i can? because i had like 20+ stamps on that bitch and wanted to keep it as a souvenir.

QB Eagles

Quote from: phattymatty on February 09, 2011, 09:43:48 PM
anyone know how i can? because i had like 20+ stamps on that bitch and wanted to keep it as a souvenir.

Just wait a while. They don't always send them out together.

reese125

$120 before the roll? damn boy

I usually start with some small bets on hard numbers to get lucky, maybe a yo here and there, but always place on the 6 and 8 with presses and work my way up to the other numbers from there after each roll. I usually start going heaver bets after the roller throws 3 in a row hoping he catches a streak.

but if youre going to make any kind of coin I guess Phreaks way is the way to go...but as Im sure he will attest its a crusher to your bank roll if you catch a cold table going with the strategy.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on February 09, 2011, 09:32:34 PM
So you start with the minimum (on the pass line) on the come out, and then work from there?

Dio, on a $10 table, once you get started, it's pretty easy to start throwing down chips on a few basic bets (and placing odds bets which basically help reduce the house's edge on certain outcomes), and have it bump up to over $100.

Yeah...I put $10 down on the pass.

Once the point is set I back it with odds (3x-4x-5x) and place the 6 & 8. I then press a unit each time it hits after the second time. During a few rolls on Saturday I had $42 each on the 6 & 8.

If that hits a few times and I build my chips then I will add another place bet and keep pressing after it hits a few times.

I have enough knowledge of the game now to take advantage of a hot roll where as in the past I'd be stuck there not sure or too afraid to go aggressive.

reese125

one of my biggest pep-peeves is when the roller chucks the dice into the chips on the table

I would say 8 x's out of 10 I see that 7 pop up when it happens

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: phattymatty on February 09, 2011, 09:41:55 PM
nice phreak, i'll be at the cpsmo in a few weeks. congrats.  most people hate hearing gambling stories but crap runs, even from other people, make me so happy.

Thanks man.

Yeah, that place is great. I am looking to go back in march and I will probably stay there. The other thing is that the dealers there were awesome. They do not wear nametags and will remember your name and keep the discussion lively. The crew on my table was the best I have ever had. Even the pit boss was cool.

I love reading craps stories....when the table is hot there's no better place to be

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: reese125 on February 09, 2011, 09:47:24 PM

I usually start with some small bets on hard numbers to get lucky, maybe a yo here and there, but always place on the 6 and 8 with presses and work my way up to the other numbers from there after each roll. I usually start going heaver bets after the roller throws 3 in a row hoping he catches a streak.

but if youre going to make any kind of coin I guess Phreaks way is the way to go...but as Im sure he will attest its a crusher to your bank roll if you catch a cold table going with the strategy.

Nah, the $120 was just the average. $10 pass + $30/$40/$50 odds + $24 on the 6 and 8

Thats how I start

phattymatty

Quote from: reese125 on February 09, 2011, 09:47:24 PM

i dont think he meant before the come out, just average. but my best craps night ever, i spent 15 hours straight at the table overnight, all my friends left to go to the airport and i didn't even care. it was at excalibur which is ghetto but i like their craps table now simply because of this night. at one point i threw a $5 yo for everyone at the table...and it hit. so basically i gave everyone at the table $75.  i wouldn't believe it if someone told me that but i swear it happened. after that it was dudes hugging dudes for the next few hours.