probably hard liquor
maybe
yes
probably hard liquor

XOXOXOXOXOX

PhillyPhreak54

Sgt PSN

Quote from: FastFreddie on November 01, 2010, 03:24:28 PM
Besides betting on sports and playing some poker, what else should I do in Vegas

Suicide

Speaking of Vegas, Squaw and I stopped off for a couple hours on our way back from Nashville so we could walk around and stretch our legs a bit and decided to check out the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop from Pawn Stars. It was small, crowded, kind of dingy looking and not really full of items they feature on the show.  Mostly just full of jewelry that's been pawned by degenerate gamblers over the years and not much else.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 01, 2010, 04:02:19 PM
where are you staying?

I probably posted it earlier in this thread, but if I didn't, it's way too personal for me to share.  Psycho.

Let's just say that we are on the strip (and near the center of it for that matter).  FTW

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: FastFreddie on November 01, 2010, 04:04:17 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 01, 2010, 04:02:19 PM
where are you staying?

I probably posted it earlier in this thread, but if I didn't, it's way too personal for me to share.  Psycho.

Let's just say that we are on the strip (and near the center of it for that matter).  FTW

lol...don't worry, I'm not a stalker like MDS.

So enjoy the Bellagio or Aria!

paco

I know where he is staying and for the right price, I may snitch.

Or you could just follow the smell of dead hookers and tears.
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: paco on November 01, 2010, 04:57:04 PM
Or you could just follow the smell of dead hookers and tears.

not specific enough of a smell for Vegas

shorebird

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 01, 2010, 04:02:24 PM
Speaking of Vegas, Squaw and I stopped off for a couple hours on our way back from Nashville so we could walk around and stretch our legs a bit and decided to check out the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop from Pawn Stars. It was small, crowded, kind of dingy looking and not really full of items they feature on the show.  Mostly just full of jewelry that's been pawned by degenerate gamblers over the years and not much else.

What probably happens is that the stuff you see on the shows gets sold to collectors. They probably have a list of buyers for some of the big money stuff they purchase.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: shorebird on November 01, 2010, 05:57:56 PM

What probably happens is that the stuff you see on the shows gets sold to collectors. They probably have a list of buyers for some of the big money stuff they purchase.

That's probably true in most cases.  But I did see a couple of really expensive items in the shop that he purchased on the show.

The 2 things that I thought were most disappointing was how small the place was, because the camera angles make it look pretty big on tv.  And there was a lot of space being taken up by merchandise from the show.  The place isn't that big to begin with but they've probably got a quarter of the available floor space being taken up with racks of I Heart Chumley t-shirts.  I mean, I get it that they've got merchandise to sell now but this was a lot of overkill imo. 

The other thing was that I was expecting the place to kind of break the mold of pawn shops in terms of appearance.  I figured with the amount of high dollar business they do that the store would be a little nicer looking all around.  But most of the display cases were really beat up and they really had a lot of junk items on display.  In other words, I didn't think I was going to walk into "just another pawn shop" but that's really all it is. 

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD

Besides betting on sports and playing some poker, what else should I do in Vegas

Suicide

Were Rick, Big Hoss, the Old Man, or Chumlee even there?

Hawk

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD on November 01, 2010, 11:28:28 PM

Suicide

Were Rick, Big Hoss, the Old Man, or Chumlee even there?

Nah.  I wasn't expecting them to be there.  Dudes are caking off and probably only go into the shop when they're filming.  Just a couple of 20something yr old guys in there running things.  Probably out of work Jewish sports journalists.