World (Vegas) Travel Thread

Started by hbionic, July 25, 2005, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

East Rutherford for me tomorrow!
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

sounds good Diehard, Rio Mar Puerto Rico is nice a farg, but i'm about 2 grand broker not including travel expenses.  Yay TARP
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

if im lucky ill go to austin this year. farg you people.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Back from Vegas yesterday morning and planning another trip right now.

We're just gonna do a weekender in April.

This trip was relaxing and more laid back than the last time. The gambling was still tight as farg though. I missed out on TWO four team parlays because the farging Rockets choked against the Pistons. Those iceholes cost me about 400 bucks in winnings.

The craps tables were up and down. Get the bankroll up, then it would be point-seven-point-seven. A slow bleed all trip long.

Roulette was the same way - slow bleed. I made a hundred bucks last for 4 hours at Imperial Palace and that garnered me enough "free" beers to have one helluva night on Thursday. I was tipsy as farg when we left there. My girl was blasted. I took her back to the hotel and she passed out. I went out and shot craps and downed another 20 or so beers. I stumbled in about 430 and passed out.

I woke up about 20 minutes later and realized I forgot to take out my contacts. So I go into the bathroom and take the left one out. I then try to take the right one out and it won't come. I dug in my eye for about 10 minutes and finally said farg it and went back to bed with one in and one out...or so I thought.

By the time I woke up (worst hangover ever!) my eye was hurting. I went in and looked in the mirror and realized I had no right contact in. SO either that bitch fell out or I took it out and forgot and kept trying to take it out. But my eye was red and in pain. Luckily I had another pair of lenses with me.

I saw some dude at the Mirage sports book cashing it in on Sunday am. They were unwrapping wads of 100's for this dude. I'd guess they paid him a good 75-100K in hunny's. He put it in a goddamn grocery store bag. Had to have been betting on the horses to win that much.

One douchebag rolled up and dropped 1100 on the Blazers +7 against the Nuggets and lost. I thought he was going to kill himself watching the game.

MDS

did munson get there yet? i heard he took a bus.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

About 7 months ago. That shtein was awesome.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

The BIGSTUD

Most likely will be going to London to visit a good friend of mine in a few weeks. Haven't been there since LSE for grad school and I swore I'd never go back. It was just an awful experience from the dark and mucky weather, to the awful food. But I got the "I'll make sure it's a good time" promise.

Anyone ever been to London?
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

rjs246

I've been several times. It's like New York only more expensive with worse weather terrible food and ugly people. So not much like New York.

Go to Brussels instead. Get drunk on the world's best beer and watch the most gorgeous women on Earth meander around the streets.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

phillycrew

Quote from: King Cole on March 10, 2010, 02:06:27 AM
Most likely will be going to London to visit a good friend of mine in a few weeks. Haven't been there since LSE for grad school and I swore I'd never go back. It was just an awful experience from the dark and mucky weather, to the awful food. But I got the "I'll make sure it's a good time" promise.

Anyone ever been to London?

I liked it.  Pubs were great and there is some great history there.  I have never been to Brussels so I have no point of comparison.

Sgt PSN

i've been to london twice and loved it.  the food is a little blah, but for the most part i just stuck to pubs and ordered off their menu.  didn't matter how bad the food was, by the time it got to me i was already 4 or 5 pints in and just needed something to help absorb some of the booze.  the weather kind of sucked both times i went, once for new years and the other time in either feb or march so i basically got the same weather both trips.  wouldn't mind going in like may or june. 

PhillyPhreak54

So the comps for Harrah's properties have started rolling in;

I just booked a weekend in April at Bally's for free. Friday through Monday.

I wish I could get the same damn offers for the Mirage because I love that hotel, but the monster roulette sessions we had at IP and Harrah's helped these offers come in.

The BIGSTUD

The year I spent there it was pretty much awful weather every day. But I was there for school, and I didn't know anybody. Maybe it will be different the second time around with company. It's what I'm banking on anyway.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

phattymatty

phreak has the fever.  nice. 

PhillyPhreak54

No doubt. That city is addicting. I love everything about Vegas. The cool thing was my girl was the driving force behind this upcoming trip...she's got the fever as bad as I do.

Susquehanna Birder

Maybe she's going to Wayne Newton's place.