NFC- CFFFL discussions

Started by MURP, July 11, 2005, 08:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

I think I changed defensive players almost weekly last year. I know McGee was one of th eguys who I picked up and liked because he returns kicks too.

But defense and kickers are interchangable parts. I think the defensive guys I picked last year lasted me 2 weeks before I was cuttin and signing new ones.

Tomahawk

I usually hold on to them because the players I draft usually kick so much ass.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Tomahawk on July 20, 2005, 02:44:05 PM
I usually hold on to them because the players I draft usually kick so much ass.

ditto
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

Booooooooo!

Crew picked Horsecollar Roy!

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Philly_Crew

Quote from: MURP on July 20, 2005, 02:40:58 PM
If you want to forfeit your picks you can.  Just be aware that Post Draft Players Follow Waiver Rules. 

What does this mean?  What are the waiver rules?  Can we add/drop players before the start of the season?

PhillyGirl

I almost picked McCairens, Phreak....went with Calico instead.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah, I was thinking about him my last pick. But I was shocked to see him still here. I like that he has Heimerdinger in NYC.

Calico was another target too, befre you got him. He and Drew Bennett are the only vets there in TEN. He should be good.

Wingspan

my other 15 players are going to kick so much ass, you can put fred lane and ray caruth on my roster and the only difference will be whether i smack you by 20 or 30 points.  :-o
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

mussa

Drew Bennett is going to own this year.   :yay
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Zanshin

Quote from: Philly_Crew on July 20, 2005, 02:50:12 PM
If you want to forfeit your picks you can.  Just be aware that Post Draft Players Follow Waiver Rules. 

What does this mean? What are the waiver rules? Can we add/drop players before the start of the season?

Yes...he means the waiver order...if you skip picks, you don't get preferential treatment in the waiver order.  I think.

MURP

What does this mean? What are the waiver rules? Can we add/drop players before the start of the season?

You can add/drop players before the start of the season, but when you pick up a player you will be moved to the bottom of the waiver wire.   Waiver time is  2 days, so if you put in a claim for a player, everyone in front of you has a chance to take the player until those 2 days are up.  After 2 days, if nobody else put in a claim for that player you get him.

So pretend (yes god forbid) that Westbrook and CBUCK get hurt.  Well everyone would want to pick up Moats quick (if he is a FA after the draft).  If everyone puts a claim in for Moats, whomever is first on the waiver wire gets him.   If the first person on the waiver wire gets Moats, that person is then moved to last in the waiver wire order.

MURP

Quote from: Zanshin on July 20, 2005, 02:56:40 PM
If you want to forfeit your picks you can. Just be aware that Post Draft Players Follow Waiver Rules.

Yes...he means the waiver order...if you skip picks, you don't get preferential treatment in the waiver order. I think.

yeah.   If you forfeit picks, the first guy you pick up after the draft to fill your empty slot would move you to the bottom of the waiver wire.

MURP

after the draft is over I will set up a thread to post your final rosters. keep a lookout for that.

Wingspan

murp, thats not what the league rules say

QuoteAll unowned players who have cleared waivers are free agents and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. You can pick up or drop players by simply clicking on the Pick Up Player or Drop Player links located near the top of your Team Page. All claimed players will immediately be added to your bench. It is up to you to move them to starting positions.

waivers are only for right after the draft, and then right after a player is cut.

under your scenerio, unless buckhalter and westbrook get hurt today, moats is available to anyone who wants them as long as it's 2 days after the rosters are set
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.