Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

i got nba2k11 a few weeks ago...possibly one of the best sports games overall that i've ever had. takes a little getting used to as its pretty advanced buttons for special moves but it's still one of those games that if you connect on a really good alley oop or something special i actually yell out loud. very fun game.

and the movements and reactions of the players are creepy accurate, whether its trajectory of the shots or ball handling or whatever.

mussa

I love it. I have really gotten into My Player mode. I am pretty good now just about two months since getting it, however I have yet to take on anyone online. That will be the deciding factor in how good I am. My only frustration is passing in the game. You'll have a guy wide open and you even point the pass towards that player and it will toss it elsewhere most likely ending up as a turnover. You almost always have to hit the LB or RB button to bring up all your players and the button icons above their heads. I am sure you get quick at this but its take a split second away and timing is pretty key. Still getting used to that. That is my only complaint really...great game :yay
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

mussa

Battlefield 3 is going toe to toe with COD series this fall and finally seem to have produced a very good looking game.

http://youtu.be/2zw8SmsovJc

Whoa!

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SD

In regards to Battlefield vs. COD I thought this was pretty funny: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/340882.html

SD

Bought the brat a used Ninetendo DS for Easter.

Diomedes

Who gets Easter presents?  WTF?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

I bought you a chocolate bunny

Diomedes

you must be my dad too because you say you did but my mouth ain't full of chocolate bunny

psa:  don't start with the ears.  eat the feet first, so they can't hop away
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

But if you eat the ears first, they'll never hear you coming.

WeaponX

anybody play Portal before?  I know P2 came out yesterday or something and I've read people raving about it.  Its a puzzle game, is it any good?
If you're not from here, you don't understand it. If you don't understand it, you hate it and if you hate it we hate you.

- Welcome to Philadelphia.

Zanshin

If you like puzzles, it's a great game. If you like action, it's not.

rjs246

Portal is one of the only video games I've played in the last 5 years and it is addictive as shtein.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

WeaponX

Quote from: rjs246 on April 21, 2011, 04:10:25 PM
Portal is one of the only video games I've played in the last 5 years and it is addictive as shtein.

bought it last night its insanely addictive.
If you're not from here, you don't understand it. If you don't understand it, you hate it and if you hate it we hate you.

- Welcome to Philadelphia.

PhillyPhanInDC

Call of Duty Zombie Fun - Call of the Dead

http://youtu.be/fg3MlLlx3Ik
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Munson

Wait, is that going to be its own seperate game? If so, awesome. I'd prefer they keep the map-packs to the story they already have going. Nikolai and Richtofen are farging hilarious.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds