Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: WeaponX on March 21, 2011, 04:18:48 PMHey anybody a RPG fan?  Looking for a good one since final fantasy came out of the gates sucking.

I'm dragon my balls through Tactics Ogre these days.  If you liked Final Fantasy Tactics, then you'll love this.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: WeaponX on March 21, 2011, 04:18:48 PM

Hey anybody a RPG fan?  Looking for a good one since final fantasy came out of the gates sucking.

Same as GF, if you liked the first Dragon Age you'll like second one.

General_Failure

Amazon is doing a $20 off sale for DA2 today.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: General_Failure on March 22, 2011, 05:28:37 PM
Amazon is doing a $20 off sale for DA2 today.

I assume that's supposed to be a link to Amazon, but it's actually this:  http://t.co/x7j44NI

General_Failure

Redirect link that goes to Amazon. Apparently people use it for Twitter.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Zanshin

Bioshock 2 is on sale for $10.99 with free shipping from NewEgg. Well  worth it, if you haven't played.

BigEd76

looks like the concussion stuff is spilling into Madden 12 too

concussed players can't return to game

Diomedes

That article tells me that the game is going to feature greatly inflated incidence of concussion as the type of injury in game play.

FAIL.

SD

Picked up Crysis 2. I'm only 30 minutes into it but so far it's a nice looking game.

mussa

Rented the EA MMA game and have been playing around with career mode. First few fights are really a joke, wondering when it will get ridiculously hard to the point of it being unplayable. Gotta try out the online stuff too once I get better.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Munson

Gears of War 3's official release date will be September 20th
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

I tried out Bulletstorm today. A lot of fun, but I can't help but get distracted by the voice actors. Two in particular I know do a ton of stuff, and they were both major characters in Mass Effect 2, so that's what I hear instead of whatever characters are actually in this game.

You care.

Munson

I know there was a Gears 3 beta on Bulletstorm, but I don't know if it was something extra you had to buy or if it just came with it or what
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

mussa

A cool feature in the EA MMA game is Fighter Share. Basically you can create a fighter for Fight Now mode, or to fight online. So people have created all kinds of real life, mostly UFC fighters to take into the Strikeforce heavy roster built in the game. They have a face generator based off of real pictures you can upload and the results are actually pretty good. You can then download a ton of these fighters that people have created. I got Lesner, Anderson Silva, GSP, Chris Leben, Tank Abbot and a few jokes like Mike Tyson, Bruce Lee etc...

I tried out online mode and the first match I used Lesner and got killed. He picked me apart and KO'd me after knocking me down 3 times. Next match I used Anderson Silva and this guy wasn't as good and I held my own, but was definitely losing going into the 3rd round. I landed a quick combo and KO'd him with a spinning back fist. The guy had to be livid since he was dominating me most of the fight.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"