Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

So I would like to get a blu-ray player... I am not into video games all that much, but i will play from time to time. Is a PS3 worth it?

What is the expected life of this generation?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Since you're so awesome and probably make like a million bucks a year, the difference in price is like ass wiping money. So you should definitely get the PS3, even if you only plan to use it as a Blu-Ray player exclusively. If you cheap out on this purchase, your friends will think you have a small dick. Just because they'd be right is no reason to stop trying to hide it. While you're at it, you should buy a $500 universal remote, just because you can. You've earned it, tough guy.

charlie

I will take your creepy opinion to my assistant and have it analyzed.

mussa

It is definitely worth it. Plus you can use it as a wireless hub to stream music, video and pictures from your computer to your tv. I don't think any new systems will coming out for another few years.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

mussa

Battlefield 3 trailer. Never got into the Battlefield games, but this looks tight.

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/51526/Battlefield-3-Trailer-GDC-2011-Fault-Line-Episode-1/
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

General_Failure

Dragon Age 2 came out today. So much better than the first one. No more slow load times or saving. No more shuffling around in combat. The main city reminds me more of Plancescape: Torment than the muddy brown mess from the first Dragon Age.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Quote from: General_Failure on March 08, 2011, 08:31:39 PM
Dragon Age 2 came out today. So much better than the first one. No more slow load times or saving. No more shuffling around in combat. The main city reminds me more of Plancescape: Torment than the muddy brown mess from the first Dragon Age.

Picked this up yesterday. I didn't really like it at first, the story was moving way too slow and there was a series of cut scenes that didn't seem necessary. Once I started on the side quests and missions the game picked up. I chose to play through as a Mage this time rather than a Warrior like I did the first one. I like the combat a million times better than the first one even though it's not much different but I don' think the story or depth of characters will be like the first one. Isabella is hot.

Also beat Dead Space 2 over the weekend. Great game.

smeags

picked up bad company 2 battlefield. really liked the 1st and i like the little bit i played of this one.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Drunkmasterflex

I have been playing Heavy Rain on PS3, it is one of the coolest games that I have ever played.  It is crazy how detailed it is.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

mussa

NBS 2K11 is pretty ridiculous. Have been doing the Jordan challenges. However I just completed the 91 NBA finals against the Lakers and I swept the Lakers in 4 games, and averaged more than all that was required and for some reason it didn't complete the challenge. My only guess is that I didn't lose game one....? Anyone else try that challenge?

reese125

never dove into the Jordan Challenges so I cant comment about that. I skipped all those challenges and used the code "icanbe23" to bypass that and get me right to Jordan's rookie season with any team of your choice.

there you build up all his skill points, customize shtein and run through a full season.

mussa

Apparently it didn't save my game, I found another person online who said it can happen if you shut your game off to soon. One thing I do not like is all the auto saving, I like to be in control of that stuff. Oh well, giving it another go.

I heard Homefront's multiplayer is amazing. Saw a few videos online, pretty cool looking. I think I'll rent it before buying though, I don't trust many 1st person shooters outside COD or Halo series...

mussa

Homefront is getting slaughtered in forums. People have been having really bad connection issues to the point of not even being able to play online at all since the game was released. A lot of other complaints as well. I'll probably be skipping this until they get things fixed. I don't understand how these studios release games and can't get the servers right. I understand a day or two, but over a week is just terrible.

WeaponX

I never was a FPS guy but I ended up buying COD since everyone says how fun the online is.  the first night i played, halfway through a team death match a kid asked ather player:

"Hey Crusher284, do you like dragons?"
"Uhh I guess..."
"Thats good because I've been dragon my nuts across your face all game."

I've had a hard time putting it down since.

Hey anybody a RPG fan?  Looking for a good one since final fantasy came out of the gates sucking.
If you're not from here, you don't understand it. If you don't understand it, you hate it and if you hate it we hate you.

- Welcome to Philadelphia.

General_Failure

I've been having a blast with Dragon Age 2 since it came out. The user reviews on Metacritic are hilarious, with people giving it 0/10 ratings for not being the first game.

The man. The myth. The legend.