Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

kinda why i've held off buying it so far.  It takes them about a month to fix shtein, and its Treytarch who wishes they were Infinity Ward's old team.  I'll probably wait until christmas to get it at this point. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

Anything with Call of Duty name is going to make millions regardless. Poop out a game, make millions. Pretty much getting to the point of Madden with it's rabid fan base.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Sgt PSN

Yeah, at that's one of the many problems with this country.  Big corporation doesn't care about quality, they just want to get their product out there and cake off.  And people are going to buy said product because "they gotta have it" even after it receives numerous complaints. 

mussa

By all means its a great first person shooter if not the best, but the little things like that just piss you off because otherwise its a solid product. I don't know the spawn points are still pretty bad but I've been experimenting with different options and am doing better.  Another positive is Ive only been booted from one game. MW2 your booted multiple times in one night, so they seemed to have the servers running much better for this. I guess after Xmas will be a good test.

Another really cool option is Theatre Mode. You can literally go back and watch your last 80 matches, either your view, or other players or you can use a free range camera to go anywhere. Not only your games, but your friends games also. You can also record and share your clips. Pretty cool, my one friend is asian and you can imagine, awesome at this game. Its cool to go in and see how he plays. I'd like to find some of the top players on the leaderboards and watch them play see how they do it.
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

BigEd76

SD

Zanshin

It was good. Short, though. I'm thinking of playing through it again. Really, it was built for multiplayer, which is very solid.

SD

I'll probably beat it on Heroic after I'm done normal then be done with it. I don't do multiplayer but I might give it a try with this game.

Zanshin

Yeah, you definitely should. It's pretty addictive.

Zanshin

Addendum...if you haven't played online much before, you might want to wade in with Team Slayer to give yourself more of a chance.

phattymatty

I have a good ten games in my collection now, and online mode on every one of them makes me want to smash my television to pieces. I guess i'm just bad at video games but no matter how good I think i'm getting at a game, once i get online i'm smoked within seconds. red dead redemption is still my favorite online mode though, that shtein makes me laugh.

i got that mma game and pretty much tore through the single player and then again on a harder level, figured i was good enough to play someone online. NO. one kick to my farging head and i was out. funny but still frustrating.

mussa

Ha, I really wanted to get that game. Online mode and building fighter looks like a lot of fun

phattymatty

yeah you can upload a real picture of your face and it creates and fighter using it. its not very accurate, i tried it and my guy looks nothing like me, except for the amazing body.

Zanshin

Quote from: phattymatty on November 17, 2010, 02:00:13 PM
i got that mma game and pretty much tore through the single player and then again on a harder level, figured i was good enough to play someone online. NO. one kick to my farging head and i was out. funny but still frustrating.

That happened to me with Fight Night Round 4. I bludgeoned everyone in the game, then beat up a couple of friends and felt good about my chances. I went on line and got my ass kicked. Playing certain games online is just vastly different than playing against the computer. Madden's very much like that, too.

Diomedes

Any time you play any game online you are going to be opposed by people who do nothing but play that game.  Its the single biggest problem with online gaming...unless you are a fargin' loser in real life you have no chance.  It's just not fun.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger