Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

I played Nazi Zombies last night for the first time.

That shtein was intense. Highest level I got to was 8.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/EA-Sports-embraces-first-person-fights-homer-fa?urn=nhl,164642

First person fighting, board battles.... Great job EA
Quote"To us, we wanted the fighting in 'NHL 10' to be such a good feature, such a fun feature, that on its own it could be a fighting game. We want there to be strategy so if you're a big tough guy, you can stand in there and trade blows, but if you're a smaller guy, you might want to get out of the way of this big fist."

Quote"Not only can you hit guys after the whistle, but now there are going to be penalties after the whistle if you go a bit too crazy like slashing a guy from behind into the boards. There are scrums after almost every play in the playoffs, so we wanted to add that in the game, and there is an effect for it.

"Another thing is that if you shoot the puck at my goalie after a whistle, my tough guy will come knock you on your ass."
Quote"The other big thing you can do is turtle if you don't want to fight. I can pick a fight with a superstar like Sidney Crosby(notes), and if there are no tough guys on the ice, Crosby will take the fight. But if I have Crosby in a fight, I might not want him to get hurt because you can get hurt in a fight, so I can turtle by pressing a button and he will just go down to the ice.

"On the other hand, if you have tough guys on the ice, to protect Sidney Crosby, a tough guy will jump in and fight for Crosby. That's a really cool feature and something that I've never seen in a hockey [video] game before. And it plays into our whole Team Toughness feature because you need to have tough guys on your team to protect your superstars."

This should be awesome, NHL09 was a huge step up, this is going to be game of the year
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

i used to love fighting on ice hockey on nes.  lock up with another player, start punching and eventually both teams jump in.  i almost always got hauled off to the penalty box. 

Zanshin

NHL 09 is a great, great game. If they can take another jump with 10, it should be amazing.

Drunkmasterflex

I just picked up the new UFC game, it is pretty good.  There is some strategy involved and the coolest part is any guy can get knocked out at any time.  Sometimes there is no warning the fight is just over.  There are some definite improvements that could be made but for the first game, it is pretty good. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

MDS

my sega genesis arrived in the mail today. came ma pants.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mussa

the new NHL fighting features sound so good. when does NHL 10 come out?
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41173
Full trailer for COD Modern Warfare 2... Looks ridiculous

mussa

WOW  :fire

fargin november is a long way off
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

hbionic

Quote from: MDS on May 20, 2009, 05:30:53 PM
my sega genesis arrived in the mail today. came ma pants.

Your mom loves cyber ball and NBA Live on Sega Genesis.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Feva

The new Punch Out on the Wii is fun as hell.  You can get through the 1st few guys with the Wii controller and nunchuks in your hands... but after that, you have to go ol' skool and turn it like the old nintendo controllers or you're gonna get your ass kicked.

All the old players have the same tells, but I hear that once you win the championship, you then have to defend it against all those guys again and all their tells have changed making it much harder.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

mussa

I'm pretty sick of xbox right now, all the games I have are played out, not much interest. I was thinking of renting Fallout 3 or buying it used. I loved Fable 2 so I think I can get into it. Thoughts on Fallout 3?

Zanshin

Fallout 3 was a good game, but it was a little slow for my taste. There was a lot of walking around and talking to people...and I try to avoid that in real life, let alone in game time. If I were you I'd rent it, unless you can get it used cheaper than renting it...it's not a really long story, and I think it has really limited replay value. Bioshock was better; if you haven't played that, it's a reallygood game, and the sequel is coming out soon, I believe.

Zanshin

Oh, and you might like FarCry 2. It's not totally up my alley, but it's sort of like GTA meets Call of Duty.