Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

exactly is it that hard to take one graphics engine over to a new platform...then just improve movements graphics? I'm not sure...but I think the exclusive deal has ruined the franchise and made EA and its team lazy. they dn't give a shtein about the die-hards. they are motivated by money....thats it.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Zanshin

06 sucked for the 360.  Worst offering ever, probably.  I was a PS2 guy forever...but this is the first year they've come close on the next gen. I've gotten to the point where it feels different than it did on the PS2, but not necessarily worse.  There were things that drove me nuts on the PS2, too.  And don't get me started on the 2k thing. 2k5 had some cool presentation features, but I found it to be really boring to play.  And did you try All Pro Football last year-- that game was flat-out awful.  I haven't tried Madden for the ps2 this year, so I can't compare...but I really haven't had all that many consistent issues with 09 on the 360.  There are things they could do better...but that's been true every year, on every system.

Zanshin

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on August 19, 2008, 02:01:09 PM
Quote from: mussa on August 19, 2008, 01:58:37 PM
high expectations?!?! i just want it to be the game it was in 06! that was a fine tuned football experience. its not even close to what it used to be. there are some nice new features to this year, but I'm not falling for EA's trap this year.
I just want it to be as good an experience as it was pre 360/ps3.  The graphics are obviously better, but there are too many issues every year for me to waste money on it. 

Did you try it this year?  If so, what bugged you about it?

Seabiscuit36

nope, just he demo, and i wasnt impressed.  As ive said before, somehow EA manages to make NCAA better every year, so i just stick with it.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

i played Zanshin last night and beat him...yay me
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Zanshin

Feel like mentioning the miracle pass? Heh.  I'm game for a rematch.

SunMo

hmmmm, i don't quite remember a miracle pass...odd
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

mpmcgraw

can you stop changing your avatar i really dont have the energy to keep up with you

Zanshin

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on August 19, 2008, 02:15:28 PM
nope, just he demo, and i wasnt impressed.  As ive said before, somehow EA manages to make NCAA better every year, so i just stick with it.

I've tried NCAA and I just can't seem to get into it.  Maybe I'll give it another shot.

Zanshin

Quote from: SunMo on August 19, 2008, 02:34:55 PM
hmmmm, i don't quite remember a miracle pass...odd

Don't worry.  The memory haunts me enough for the both of us.

General_Failure

I got into the Wrath of the Lich King beta today. I have made all my mmo friends jealous.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

MURP

Zanshin