Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

just as much as you like cock
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Wingspan

Mussa really loves video games then. Almost to an unhealthy level.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Zanshin

Just picked it up and played a game.  First impressions:  I like it.  I can't yet speak to the franchise improvements, because I just played a quick game with a friend. 

It was pretty much what I expected.  After all, it's still Madden.

What I liked:

Improved graphics: the graphics are far better. Particularly the textures and the player models.  Also, the sideline line-dancing thing is gone.
QB release:  the release is much more realistic, and depends on the depth of the ball on the play.  The windup is visible and takes more time on bombs.
Better blocking: the O-line does a better job, particularly on running plays.
Better audio:  Collinsworth does a great job, actually. 
Better pass defense:  looked like the d-backs adjusted to the ball better in this version.
Less BS:  I noticed a considerable drop in plays that made me yell out "no farging way!"  In fact, I didn't have to yell it at all in that game.
Backtrack: Pretty cool how they break down the plays this year
Rewind: Also pretty cool to be able to get a mulligan on a play if you set it up to allow it.

What I didn't like:

So far, not all that much.  I'm not a huge fan of the next gen menu system, and it really hasn't changed all that much from last year.

It's also a little less obvious who you're controlling when running down people on punt and kick returns, but not that big of a deal.

Overall:

It's pretty much what I expected-- a better version of Madden.  Looks like a nice improvement over last year's edition, and that's what I was looking for.  I've read that they did fix the progression issue in the franchise mode, and if they did then I'll like it even more.  I'll scope that out later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: mussa on August 12, 2008, 01:06:32 AM
almost no changes to franchise modes. progression not fixed

Quote from: Zanshin on August 12, 2008, 01:36:19 PM
I've read that they did fix the progression issue in the franchise mode

The two of you must now duel to the death.

Zanshin

Not a bad idea.  Mussa, hit me up for a game when you get your rental.

Zanshin

Played a few games online last night.  I think the gameplay is much better-- far fewer plays that make your eyes bleed.  Online play was smooth for me.

I also tried Franchise mode a bit.  You can indeed do custom subsitutions, and I really like that you can edit any player to any position this year.

Seabiscuit36

from FP about Megaflyer..lolz

I'm sorry, but you're a gigantic nerd. I've sat idly by and watched others rip you for your ps3 fanboy nature, because I don't really care about any of that ****. But, you're a HUGE loser. I enjoy video games, but you're going to waste days, easily months, playing all these games. Make some friends. Pick up a sport. You can play beginner level ice or roller hockey at numerous rinks. I bet you have more online friends than real life friends. If you contest that, I bet you talk to your online friends more than you do any of your real life friends. The girl in the #ps3 irc channel does NOT count as a girlfriend. It's not even a real girl. Go to a bar. Have a couple drinks, it will probably ease your social anxiety disorder. Don't wear that flyers hat, it really does make you look like a cancer patient. If your head was slightly more tapered, you'd look like Mr. Mackey from South Park. Take this as advice from someone who wants to help. Stop posting on this forum. Don't worry about the people here; you don't have to combat everything they say about you. Let it go. It will be ok.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

lol

I had a similar post in mind that I started to type that began "I don't post here much but you're one of the biggest losers I have ever come across".

SunMo

i'm on a sweet hot streak in NCAA 6 wins in a row, Derrick Williams is a monster

Seabiscuit is afraid of me
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

i havent played in xbox in a while, stupid life getting in the way
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

I just played my first game and I must admit, I think its def. improved from last year. It feels more real this time...player movements seem slower...but more controlled, so your not whiffing on tackles...etc...1st preseason game I ended up losing in overtime to Pitt. Booker fumbled and gave them the ball in field goal position.

The mistakes I made, I paid for it. The passing game this year is waaay better. I am completing passes that I never could in 08. Running also is better...you can't just lay on the sprint button, you gotta wait then hit the hole without any hesitation. I ripped off some nice runs.

I think overall the game play is a lot better and smoother. I'll have to keep playing to see how everything turns out, but so far I am impressed and am leaning torwards buying it.

Zanshin, how do you set-up the custom subsitutions??? Where is that at?
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SunMo

i got my copy via GF today in the mail...i'll be on tonight if anybody wants to play a game
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

mussa

Played a few games today and the one thing that does annoy me is that the computer running backs, are hard to bring down. it seems like they are always breaking tackles...just seems too often, not realistic. the only other gripe I have is that the game has frozen 3 times for me...3 times. shouldn't do this. eagles roster is so far off also...they need a roster update pronto

Magical_Retard

Quote from: mussa on August 13, 2008, 06:09:35 PM
Played a few games today and the one thing that does annoy me is that the computer running backs, are hard to bring down. it seems like they are always breaking tackles...just seems too often, not realistic. the only other gripe I have is that the game has frozen 3 times for me...3 times. shouldn't do this. eagles roster is so far off also...they need a roster update pronto

roster update is available.

im playing on all madden and one thing im realizing is that the eagles on defense are not good. or maybe its just me. each RB falls fwd for another 1-2 yds when i tackle them down and they complete some insane passes even against the highly rated asante.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

MDS

also they got rid of the cheap trades you could make in franchise mode. like i used to be able to trade merriman for 3 over 90 rating starters. now you can't.

but the training camp thing and minigames are all the same. it gets stale.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.