Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: SunMo on January 07, 2008, 02:43:06 PM
there's not a lot to like about AC once you get past the graphics...im pretty sure i'm going to send it back to Gamefly and have BioShock sent to me

You should have done that in the first place, Bioshock is easily game of the year

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SD_Eagle on January 07, 2008, 03:23:42 PM
Quote from: SunMo on January 07, 2008, 02:43:06 PM
there's not a lot to like about AC once you get past the graphics...im pretty sure i'm going to send it back to Gamefly and have BioShock sent to me

You should have done that in the first place, Bioshock is easily game of the year
I like bioshock, but COD wins for me
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

i like assassins creed. its fargin cool...def not game of the year, but you can imagine how great the next one will be...there is so much more they could of done...but i think its just the 1st installment into many more in depth games to come.

COD4 and Bioshock were the best games this year
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Sgt PSN

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 07, 2008, 12:24:24 PM
Father of the Year nominee

Quote from: rjs246 on January 07, 2008, 12:35:35 PM
Andy Reid division.

Quite the contrary Russ.  I'm keeping my kids from getting hooked by getting hooked myself.  Maybe if Andy would have smoked all his kids' rock like a good father would, they wouldn't be in this situation. 

Dillen

I've been playing COD4 online for a bit and I'm as inconsistent as they come. 9-12, 16-9, 1-9, 7-5. lzo0zd.

mussa

ive been sniping with the dragunov lately. hard as hell, but worth it when you headshot someone
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

mussa

anyone play madden 08 since the patch was released>? apparently it fixed problem with fumbles, db awareness and free agent pool was fixed also in franchise mode.

im not a big fan of 08. game play itself is best in years, but the franchise mode was degraded to almost unplayable. i used to play the game like clock work, but now i havn't played it in months. im about to go online though and get this patch see if it helps out at all.

Zanshin

I've played it with a friend online...I didn't notice a major difference-- but I really didn't have a problem with that stuff before.  I agree with you about franchise mode, it's just not as good as it was on the PS2, and I can't put my finger on exactly why that is.  I think it's because the players don't seem to progress correctly, you change change player positions and cpu-generated numbers are out of whack.

mussa

yea exactly, progression is almost non-existent.
you can't sub in diff players for diff formations(can't stand this)
they did make it nice on looks, but the guts they really went backwards

i don't like the new playbook layout either, if your playing a buddy on the same tv, you don't have 3-4 diff buttons to pick a play, its just x. horrid

i played my first game in months this morning, with adjusted sliders(from madden mania) on all - pro, 9 min qrtrs

everyones stats were pretty accurate, except for some reason its almost impossible to get 8+ tackles for one player, it rarely happens for me.(it was this way on last gen system too)
pancakes, i might get 1-3 a game, where in the old ps2 version i was getting 8-15 per game
int's were supposed to be fixed, but i picked off Farve 4 times. all the int's though were well called plays, so its hard to say. i threw one with mcnabb, which i shouldn't of even thrown, its hard to say at this point.
fumbles, i forced one and lost 2. mcnabb lost one on a scramble(typical) a Buck got hammered at the goaline and lost one. I forced a fumbled on a kick off.

All in all, so far the sliders seem to be okay, although the score was 48-30, sorta high. slider ai apparently takes a few weeks for the computer to generate accurate results, so we'll see

zanshin on franchise do you adjust sliders? do u play all-pro or all-madden?

Zanshin

I don't really mess with the sliders, mostly because online you can't and I'd hate to get used to one thing then have to adjust.  Online I play both All Pro and All Madden.  Depends on whom I'm playing.

This year's version is a monster improvement over last year, but they can still make some important changes for 09.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

i think im a 8 or 9 on the 2nd prestige mode. i was going to stay at 55 on prestige 1, but after you get to 55, points don't mean anything and all there is to do is to complete the challenges, which some are next to impossible. especially 150 head shots for each weapon. so i moved on again and have to get all the guns and perks over again.

here are all 10 prestige badges:

SunMo

SB, you gonna jump to prestige when you get the chance?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

probably, but do you only get the different badges and thats it?  I just want the Barrett now, then will make the move.  I'm only at level 46. 

SunMo

you lose all your guns and you start back at 1, but with the badge...and you have to work to for promotions again
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.