Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

i restarted the single player mode on 'Hardened' just to see how tough it is, plus you get gamer points every time you complete a mission
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on January 04, 2008, 09:31:57 AM
i restarted the single player mode on 'Hardened' just to see how tough it is, plus you get gamer points every time you complete a mission
might as well, went online yesterday at 5pm and kept getting kicked off servers.  I had 10 kills and 8 deaths on free for all, but the same dude kept merc'ing me with his knife.  The replays were ridiculous, he was waiting in shadows just to jump out and kill Michael Myers style
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

ha. haven't played in awhile just because how bad xbox live has been with the game. it seems everyone got a 360 and cod4 for xmas. the servers are flooded to the max. its pretty much impossible to get into a match with your buddies or guys with same clan tag as you. seems to work on free for all or mercenary deathmatch.

you guys know about how they keep stats on the leaderboards right? pretty cool to see what everyone stats are on your buddy list
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SunMo

i went on about 6:30 and it took me about 10 minutes to finally get into a Headquarters game, but once I did it went pretty well.

mussa, not sure what you are talking about...you can look at stats through your xbox dashboard, or the COD leaderboard?

mussa

COD leaderboard in barracks
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

mussa

im telling ya. m16 with stopping power perk. its the best damn weapon in the game. AK-47 is fun though and has power, but it kicks all over the place

SunMo

yeah, i switched over recently...i'm getting better with it.  i hate wasting a perk on stopping power though, i'd rather use juggernaught

mussa

oh a juggernaut user eh! i guess it's sorta like stopping power, but instead of your bullets doing more damage, the enemies bullets have less...

Seabiscuit36

i got RockBand for 360.  farging sick, sucks i go for shoulder surgery this friday so my drumming is going to have to go on hold for a while.  Definitely recommend this game to anyone with 150 bucks and that liked Guitar Hero.  The drumming is badass though, tough but extremely awesome.  just got done playing Creep by Radio Head and Gimmie shelter by The Rolling Stones. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

Finished COD4 campaign, great game but it's too damn short. What is Arcade mode? I'm probably gonna go through Mass Effect, COD4, and Assassins Creed on the next highest level.

SunMo

i started assassins creed, but i can't get into it.  i've been playing for probably an hour now and i still haven't gotten to assassinate anybody, i can't farging pickpocket the first dude, and it's frustrating me to no end

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: SunMo on January 07, 2008, 09:57:40 AM
i started assassins creed, but i can't get into it.  i've been playing for probably an hour now and i still haven't gotten to assassinate anybody, i can't farging pickpocket the first dude, and it's frustrating me to no end

I was the same way at first but it gets easier and better once you really get into it

reese125

wait till you get to the 12 towers part....oh joy

you think its frustrating now..aside from the graphics, the game lacks action and I think its way overrated

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: reese125 on January 07, 2008, 10:02:23 AM

wait till you get to the 12 towers part....oh joy

you think its frustrating now..aside from the graphics, the game lacks action and I think its way overrated

What is the 12 towers part? You mean when you have to climb the towers to synchronize view points? That part is really easy, all you have to do is push up or over and up.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on January 06, 2008, 01:57:58 PM
i got RockBand for 360.  farging sick, sucks i go for shoulder surgery this friday so my drumming is going to have to go on hold for a while.  Definitely recommend this game to anyone with 150 bucks and that liked Guitar Hero.  The drumming is badass though, tough but extremely awesome.  just got done playing Creep by Radio Head and Gimmie shelter by The Rolling Stones. 

I bought Guitar Hero 1, 2 and 3 for my kids for xmas.  Can't believe I didn't get into these games sooner because it's alot of fun, especially if you can't actually play the guitar.  It's a happy medium between playing the air guitar and the real thing.  I kept kicking my kids off the box because they kept farging up and missing notes and ruining the songs.  They need to farging practice before they try playing with me.  I'm kind of glad they went back home now because I've got it all to myself.