Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: rjs246 on December 31, 2007, 01:21:44 PM
I've been doing brain age shtein on the DS.

Also, the ladyfriend got me Lego Star Wars II for christmas. It gives me full wood.

Yeah, I got the Brain Age 2 game and have hit the daily training every time.  The rock-paper-scissors brain age check is both infuriating and enthralling.  I'm semi-obsessed with Picross also.

Is the Lego Star Wars II game for DS?  Sounds pretty damn cool.

rjs246

I don't think so FF, I got it for PS2. And I know one of my friends has is for XBox 360.

MMH, I'm sure you know this, but after you finish a level if becomes unlocked for 'free play' if your son runs into problems you can solve them and then he can come back whenever he wants na djust play the levels for fun. It's easily the best part of the game.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD_Eagle5

I bought Lego SW 2 on DS for my little brother for his birthday and he loves it. Played it for the 360 and it's a lot of fun.

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: rjs246 on December 31, 2007, 01:48:15 PM
I stand corrected.

Actually now that I think about it it was the complete saga (all 6 episodes) for the DS. Found it new at gamestop for like $30

PoopyfaceMcGee

Besides the Lego Star Wars game, any others for DS that a massive nerd like me would enjoy?

SD_Eagle5

PoopyfaceMcGee

Ha!  I'm a massive adult nerd, though.  If I were a 10-year-old nerd, as I was a couple of decades ago when I was playing Super Mario Bros and Zelda on my NES, that might be the perfect suggestion.  I'm sure I would have been obsessed with Pokeman.  Hell, I just narrowly grew up before I got too far into Magic: The Gathering.  And thankfully, I got married young, which stopped what would have been an inevitable descent into stuff like Everquest and Warcraft.

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MadMarchHare

Yeah, I played Magic far too much as well.  Sold all my cards on Ebay before the floor fell out.  Easily one of the best decisions I ever made.
Anyone but Reid.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Yep.  I sold mine off at the height of the craze.  Helped me buy my first car.

rjs246

Wow. I'm gonna go back to ignoring this thread now.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

Magic was ridiculously big in gradeschool, so i sold them all for Garbage Pail Kids cards :)  I just got into multiplayer on COD4, farging sick, but the basic assault rifle sucks, gonna need an upgrade.  I just got Level 5.  It does suck coming into battles new and with zesty weapons compared to some of the super nerds on there
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

I started off with the mp5, then moved to the m60 then m4...all fully automatic. i didn't realize until i got up torwards level 45 that the basic m16 is the best weapon in the game. its accurate w/ good range. combined with stopping power perk, you can kill anyone with one pull of the trigger. now i actually use the G3, which is single shot gun. farther range than m16, very accurate. not having full auto forces you to aim better and makes you better. it sucks at first but i guarantee you will be kickin ass once you use the m16. get a red dot scope, its the best and the other guys i play with agree

also...when you get better and progress to higher levels you get better perks. like 3 grenades instead of 1. another is overkill, you can carry 2 big guns instead of one and a pistol. another trick that helped me get more kills and progress was, don't use your air strike right away at 5 kills in a row....wait...if you get 7 kills you get a helicopter. don't use the helicopter until you die. use it when you respawn and chances are the helicopter will get you 5 or more kills right away and you could get another helicopter thus giving you more and more kills, higher scores, and quicker progression to next level.

apparently they are coming out with new maps in january. they need to. xbox live for this game has been brutal also since xmas. pretty much impossible to get into a game. xbox is overloaded and its bullshtein. they need to fix it cause they have millions of pissed off people trying to play.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

General_Failure

Finally got Portal downloaded last night, so I stayed up to play it. I didn't get too far in, but damn is it fun.

The man. The myth. The legend.