Yes
6 (60%)
No
1 (10%)
Can't really tell
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 9

wingman18

I have been hearing and seeing a lot about this powerpay thing. What exactly is it? It seems pretty cool.

Butchers Bill

Now that all the bugs have been worked out I like it.   :yay
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

Susquehanna Birder

I'll give it a positive vote. I'm still a little iffy about the "potential" of the technology, but the concept is nice. It will be a bit better when all the employees learn what it is, and how to work it.

Here's what it looks like:

MURP

basically your credit card is attached to the powerplay thing.  When you go to purchase something you just wave that little card in front of a censor and it is charged to your credit card.  That simple.  No signing your name, no handling money... just swipe the powerplay card and your done.   I like it.

Mad-Lad

Quote from: MURP on October 26, 2004, 03:30:33 PM
basically your credit card is attached to the powerplay thing.  When you go to purchase something you just wave that little card in front of a censor and it is charged to your credit card.  That simple.  No signing your name, no handling money... just swipe the powerplay card and your done.   I like it.
I don't know the specifics, but:

If someone loses their card, can I use it all day long without having to sign anything or show ID? 

[Montomery Burn's]Eeeeeeeeexcellent![/Montgomery Burns]

joneszilla

They sent me one in the mail.....but i have yet to activate it.  Sounds like a good idea but I have a feeling I will end up getting loaded and buying every round of beers.   :paranoid

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Mad-Lad on October 26, 2004, 04:11:11 PM

If someone loses their card, can I use it all day long without having to sign anything or show ID? 

if you lose it, all you do is call them and tell them. You are not responsible for your purchases if that is the case. Same as if you lost your credit card.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Wingspan

Quote from: wingman18 on October 26, 2004, 02:59:37 PM
I have been hearing and seeing a lot about this powerpay thing. What exactly is it? It seems pretty cool.

so where in the eagles do you work? this is the 4th place i have see you post this
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

wingman18

I always throughly check a product before using it, that all. Its called getting a feel for things.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Mad-Lad on October 26, 2004, 04:11:11 PM

Exactly what I was thinking!   :evil

Quote from: joneszilla on October 26, 2004, 04:14:02 PM
They sent me one in the mail.....but i have yet to activate it.  Sounds like a good idea but I have a feeling I will end up getting loaded and buying every round of beers.   :paranoid

Hey everyone, sit with PG during the games!!!

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 26, 2004, 04:15:46 PM
if you lose it, all you do is call them and tell them. You are not responsible for your purchases if that is the case. Same as if you lost your credit card.

Holy shtein, that's even better than using someone elses card!  Just use your own during the game and then once they stop selling beer, call in and tell them you lost it!   :evil

PhillyGirl

QuoteDear PowerPay User,

We would like to inform you that we have replaced PowerPay with PayPass as our in-stadium, contact-less payment feature from MasterCard. As part of this transition, your Power Pay tag is no longer active.

For 2005, we are excited to announce that we have increased the number of dedicated PayPass express lines to get you back to the action even faster and have incorporated PayPass into each Eagles Extra Points PayPass MasterCard.  The Eagles Extra Points PayPass MasterCard will allow you to earn points towards once in a lifetime Eagles experiences each time you use your Eagles Extra Points PayPass MasterCard.*

In order to utilize PayPass at Lincoln Financial Field, sign up now for the PayPass-enabled Philadelphia Eagles Extra Points PayPass MasterCard by calling 1-866-438-6262 or log onto www.eaglesextrapoints.com to apply online. This program is FREE to you.   With your first qualifying purchase, you will receive a FREE limited edition, hand signed 2004 NFC Championship print from an original illustration signed and individually numbered by the artist and hand signed by head coach Andy Reid!  You will also earn points with each purchase that may be redeemed for once in a lifetime Eagles rewards such as:

VIP Pre-Game Sideline Pass
Golf with a Player
Trip for Two to an Away Game
Super Bowl Tickets
Many More!

If you have any questions, please contact our guest services hotline at 267-570-4400 or log onto www.lincolnfinancialfield.com/paypass.  Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,

The Philadelphia Eagles

You no longer can use your own CC or debit card to link it to. You HAVE to get the credit card in order to use it. I just got off the phone with them. Its the same thing at the Phillies games with this paypass thing.

I just told the chick at guest services that they're going to lose a TON of customers over this. Not many people are going to want to take out a new credit card just to have faster access at concession stands. The whole convenience of it was it coming out of a debit or credit card you already owned. She didn't agree....she's a farging idiot.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

i love it

especially when it malfunctions and they give you a free beer credit
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 19, 2005, 10:18:46 AM
i love it

especially when it malfunctions and they give you a free beer credit

I think you just missed the reason this thread was bumped.

ice grillin you

yeah i did

thats beyond idiotic

altho i anticipated this happening and got an eagles extra point card last year...do i have to call up and get the paypass on it activated...or by default do i already have it since i have a extra points mastercard
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Beermonkey

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 19, 2005, 10:05:45 AM
You no longer can use your own CC or debit card to link it to. You HAVE to get the credit card in order to use it. I just got off the phone with them. Its the same thing at the Phillies games with this paypass thing.

I just told the chick at guest services that they're going to lose a TON of customers over this. Not many people are going to want to take out a new credit card just to have faster access at concession stands. The whole convenience of it was it coming out of a debit or credit card you already owned. She didn't agree....she's a farging idiot.

You can count me as one of the ones they'll lose. I've worked very hard to limit the amount of debt & credit cards that I have and I'm not opening a new card so I can buy beer/food quicker.

Powerpay was a good program but I can't buy into this.