Another LJ joining the birds?

Started by mikey418, September 28, 2004, 08:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

Quick, somebody dig out the thread from when Priest Holmes visited the Eagles, too.  That'd be great.

ice grillin you

ummm yeah larry johnson seems like the kind guy that would be just fine working in a throw 70% of the time offense

he was pissed when he wasnt playing his rookie year backing up the best rb in the nfl

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Mad-Lad

Quote from: Zanshin on January 11, 2006, 02:31:30 PM
Quick, somebody dig out the thread from when Priest Holmes visited the Eagles, too.  That'd be great.

Warrick Dunn would have dominated opposing defenses in an Eagle uniform.  The Eagles should have given him a 10 year deal when he visited.

Rome

It occurs to me that if the Eagles had a guy like Larry Johnson in the backfield, they wouldn't have to throw the ball 70% of the time.

In other words, assuming they would still have a pass/run ratio at 70/30 with him on the team is silly, IMO.

ice grillin you

actually thinking they would ever get a larry johnson and run an offense around him in the first place is the silly thing

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 11, 2006, 03:12:33 PM
actually thinking they would ever get a larry johnson and run an offense around him in the first place is the silly thing

Did you ever imagine they'd get a guy like T.O.?  Yeah, neither did I.

Andy's never made a secret of the fact that he like to have his QB pass the ball.  He supplements the pass with the run.

That said, if a guy like LaDainian Tomlinson were available to the Eagles, don't you think Andy would make allowances for his talents and work them into his system?

You're damn straight, he would.

Mad-Lad

Larry Johnson wasn't as highly regarded coming out of college as Tomlinson was.  There was no way the Eagles were going to go out of their way for a guy who was drafted in the first round out of fear the Chiefs would be without a RB with no knowledge of how good he really was.

rjs246

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on January 11, 2006, 03:17:42 PM
That said, if a guy like LaDainian Tomlinson were available to the Eagles, don't you think Andy would make allowances for his talents and work them into his system?

Egerrin James and Shaun Alexander were both 'available' last offseason. Andy wants no part of classically talented running backs. No matter how much you like arguing with IGY.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

I meant if Tomlinson were available under any circumstance.  Now, then... makes no difference.

As for him and Tomlinson being in the same league talentwise, well, that's certainly true.  Tomlinson is in a class by himself with everyone else looking up at him.  Still, Johnson is no slouch, though.

SunMo

why the farg was this thread brought back from the dead?  of all the non-moves the Eagles made last offseason, this one ranks a little bit higher than hiring a new kick-off tee kid.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

Quote from: rjs246 on January 11, 2006, 03:25:01 PM

Egerrin James and Shaun Alexander were both 'available' last offseason. Andy wants no part of classically talented running backs. No matter how much you like arguing with IGY.

No matter how much you enjoy arguing with me, neither player was going anywhere.

Ass hat.

Mad-Lad

if only there were a badass free agent RB from BYU available this offseason.

ice grillin you

No matter how much you like arguing with IGY.

normally id agree but in this case the love of his chin on andys scroat superceeds his love to argue with me

Rome

PhillyandBCEagles

Quote from: rjs246 on January 11, 2006, 03:25:01 PM

The good news is that with the news that LenDale White is probably coming out, we'll all get to buy new TVs in April when we throw the ones we have now out the window upon hearing Tagliabue announce that the Eagles are passing up on him to take some undersized DE from Northern Illinois.