Another LJ joining the birds?

Started by mikey418, September 28, 2004, 08:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

QuoteJames (Boise): Hey LJ! Which one of the three wins has meant the most to you? Home opener, Monday Night Football, or the road opener?

L.J. Smith: I think the MNF game. There were a lot of subplots there. Plus I scored! To win that game was big for us. We were just better that night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dave (Newark, DE): LJ- Do you listen to music before games? WHat is your pre-game routine?

L.J. Smith: I usually listen to rap. Old stuff.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT (MI): Please enter your question.Who do you think poses as the biggest threat to beat you guys?

L.J. Smith: I think every game is a huge threat. Everyone will come to try and beat us.

Mike (Boston): Be honest, should I start you this week?

L.J. Smith: (Laughing) Yeah, why not!

Trigger (Notus (ID)): How much practical joking goes on in the locker room during the week?

L.J. Smith: When Hugh is around there is always joking going on.

time (phx): Hey LJ, have you done one of those soup commercials yet?

L.J. Smith: I'm not popular enough!

Graig (The Illadelph): LJ, First of all you've been playing great and we hope you heal up soon. My question is; How does AR keep you guys from overlooking oppenents each week so that there isnt any let down or chance for an upset?

L.J. Smith: He is constantly reminding us how much everyone wants to beat us. We do get a lot of publicity so teams are gunning for us.

Brandon (Santa Barbara, CA): Madden or 2K5---which game does you justice?

L.J. Smith: I heard Madden doesn't do me justice. I haven't played 2K5 enough to really know.

Damien (NY): Old school rap, huh? Ok choose one... Grandmaster Flash or the Sugarhill Gang?

L.J. Smith: Grandmaster Flash!

Brian (Boston): Don't you think the Patriots could take you guys? Seriously

L.J. Smith: Brian! Since they are not on the regular season schedule we will never know.

Chuck (Hersehy, PA): LJ, growing up in the area, you know Philly fans. Are we as bad as everyone else thinks or worse?

L.J. Smith: I would say as bad as everyone thinks! Everybody I talk to knows about Philly fans. People are scared to come to the games!

joey ac (somers point): you like shockey..lj?

L.J. Smith: I met him .. cool dude. Plays with a lot of passion, can't blame him.

Monty (Mickson, ILL): WHats uyour favorite thing to do outside of the game?

L.J. Smith: I would probably say just relaxing! Sleep!

George (Virginia Beach, VA): LJ whats your favorite play?

L.J. Smith: Probably a screen pass to me.

Rob (Atl): Have you picked up golf yet?

L.J. Smith: I planned to learn this past offseason but I was hurt. I will try to learn this offseason.

Tom (South Jersey): LJ! In your Rutgers times, did you ever venture down to the Jersey Shore?

L.J. Smith: Oh yeah! All the time. When I was younger I went Seaside Heights. Sandy Hook. I've been around.

Bull (PHILLY): When you get to the superbowl, who do you expect to play?

L.J. Smith: New England!

Thanks for all the positive feedback and great questions! I plan to continue having a great season .. we'll do this again later in the season!

Buzzmaster: L.J.! Thanks! that was awesome. Hope you are feeling better by Sunday! OK everyone we're gonna join Pro Football Weekly in progress!
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

Thanks for posting that, Sea. :yay

He says he is day-to-day, but he could not play if a game were today. Hopefully he heals up good this week.

RomeyRome

QuoteAndrew (Philadelphia, PA): L.J., It's safe to say that you, Donovan, Terrell, and the Eagles all totally kick ass. For how long do you intend to continue kicking this ass and how do you think your future opponents will feel about getting their asses kicked?

Quality post. :D

QuoteTC (NYC): LJ, you said your shoulder is hurting. If you had to play today, could you? Can you raise your arm over your head?

L.J. Smith: No.

:boom  He'll be all right, but I guess he'll be resting a few weeks (through bye I mean)

PhillyandBCEagles

I wanted the Eagles to draft him a couple years back and I wouldn't mind seeing us grab him in the off-season, but it won't happen now--especially with the injury to Ritchie, as Levens (who Johnson would presumably replace) could see time at FB.  It'd take him until the end of the season just to learn the offense.

Like I said, tho, I wouldn't mind seeing us pick him up in the off-season.  He'd do a very good job of spelling Westy IMO.

PhillyPhreak54

Daily News and Inquirer both reported this morning that Eagles people emphatically denied that the Birds were interested. They said the Birds do not want to give up depth and said the Bucs and the Dolphins are the front runners.

PhillyandBCEagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 29, 2004, 09:00:54 AM
Eagles people emphatically denied that the Birds were interested.

That means we can expect to see Andy introduce him at a press conference at NCC tomorrow :D

Seriously, I'd expect to have him end up in Miami (you gotta feel for the 'Fins, they just can't catch any breaks at all...hopefully they'll go 2-14 this year so we get the first 2nd round pick then AJ will rally them to the AFC Championship the next year).  I'm actually disappointed he's getting dealt now because I think the Eagles would've made a play for him if KC had waited until the off-season, but we'll see what happens.  Altho if KC accepts draft picks for him rather than insisting on players who can help them right away then this guy may be more of a locker room cancer than we thought.

Then again, people said TO would bring down our locker room from the inside. :rolleyes:  With guys like Donovan, Ritchie, Chad Lewis, and Runyan keeping him in line, not to mention the coaching staff, I don't think Johnson would be a locker room problem, especially if he's getting ~35% of the offense's carries (which he's never going to get in KC as long as Priest Holmes is around).

Seabiscuit36

i have no expectations that any of this is true but maybe it would be vermeil's one last hurrah to give LJ to Philly for a cheap price ;), except that would be Carl Petersons job...
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Larry

When I see Johnson run, I think of Ron Dayne.  :evil
More Mahe please.

BrianWestbrook36

If the Dolphins get LJ can they get any dumber? First of all they trade away a 3rd for Gordon, then they are going to trade away something else for LJ. Time to wake up and realize your team is going NOWHERE this season so stop trying to put tape over the hole in the dam. It's going to leak water either way. If they were smart they would keep their picks, and take a RB in the draft with their first rounder which could possibly be the #1 overall pick at this pace, and each pick they trade away is going to be an excellent pick. Their 3rd rounder for Gordon, their 2nd rounder to us, and what else do they have left to give away? They won't have hardly any picks left. Terrible organization, and not trading for a proven talent, but a player who has done NOTHING so far.

Even Steven Eagles in 04.

SD_Eagle5

I think LJ is being sent to the Bucs for McCardell  :paranoid

BrianWestbrook36

Even Steven Eagles in 04.

PhillyandBCEagles

Good thing we didn't seriously pursue Johnson.  Then we might've ended up having him on the team and that would've been disastrous.   :boom :boom :boom :boom :boom :boom :boom :boom :boom

Of course, behind our O-line he probably wouldn't have put up much better numbers than Lamar Gordon anyway  ::)

Mad-Lad

Quote from: PhillyandBCEagles on January 11, 2006, 02:13:19 PM
Good thing we didn't seriously pursue Johnson.  Then we might've ended up having him on the team and that would've been disastrous.   :boom :boom :boom :boom :boom :boom :boom :boom :boom

Of course, behind our O-line he probably wouldn't have put up much better numbers than Lamar Gordon anyway  ::)

yeah, the Eagles should have known he would flourish behind one of the league's best offensive lines. They should look at picking up Olandis Gary too, since he had that 1000 yard season in Denver.

why this thread was bumped is beyond me.

PhillyandBCEagles

KC does have a great offensive line but if you don't think Johnson would've seriously upgraded our running game (assuming of course that Andy would've been willing to call run plays) you're kidding yourself.  Obviously wouldn't have put up the kind of numbers he did in KC, but still would've been a considerable upgrade.

Mad-Lad

Quote from: PhillyandBCEagles on January 11, 2006, 02:20:49 PM
KC does have a great offensive line but if you don't think Johnson would've seriously upgraded our running game (assuming of course that Andy would've been willing to call run plays) you're kidding yourself.  Obviously wouldn't have put up the kind of numbers he did in KC, but still would've been a considerable upgrade.

considerable upgrade?  when you're looking at guys like Mahe and Gordon, anything's an upgrade.