NFL broadcast thread (née ABC to kill MNF?)

Started by Diomedes, August 24, 2004, 01:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

there were three wrinkles that i loved in the deal

1. nbc getting the thanksgiving night game, so its no longer on a channel nobody has and its actually going to be a great game (according to preseason thinking)

2. nbc giving up the 430 wildcard game for a saturday night divisional game. so basically the same guessing game over wild card times will now apply to the divisional round. nerds.

3. cbs and fox agreeing to switch random afternoon games with each other so they can be seen by more people (like this year with the tebow/vikings one).

theres also the "nfl network can extend its thursday package but doesnt plan to and the nfl might sell half of it somewhere else anyway" card.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

shorebird

Is there a chance they change the Saturday night Dallas/Tampa game gets changed to one that might be worth watching??

SunMo

first of all, how are they going to move a sunday game to saturday.

second of all, how is that not a watchable game, especially for eagles fans
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

shorebird

First of all, it was more sarcasm than anything.

Second of all, you watching this game rooting for the Cowboys to lose so it makes the paper thin slim chance the Eagles make the playoffs a 1/16 thicker is embarassing. The Eagles suck, and if they do beat most all odds and make the playoffs, all it does is make sure that we have more Andy Ried, even if he wasn't going to be fired, he damn sure won't if they make the playoffs.

Third, as was perviously stated somewere, so farging what if they make the playoffs, what do you want, yet another NFC Championship loss? Not that thier one and done asses would even make it that far. They'd lose the first game quicker than Ried saying he needs to do better.

Farg 'em all. That elephant ass Ried deserves every loss he gets and more.

SunMo

didn't realize you were one of the cool ones who root for his team to lose.  nice work fake fan.

shorebird

Whatever. I'm not trying to be cool, just being a realist. And yeah, I want to see Andy Ried lose. Not so much the team but they both go hand in hand so it is what it is. This team is falling apart, there is absolutly no point in them making the playoffs except that it will make Lurie richer. They won't make it to the superbowl, and they will not win a game if they make it, which was the major point of my post, but go ahead and call me a fake fan if it makes you feel good. At this point, with the sorry state of this team, I don't care anymore.

MDS

15 thursday night games coming next year on nfln

every team will have a primetime game, too.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: BigEd76 on February 03, 2012, 01:03:20 PM
15 thursday night games coming next year on nfln

every team will have a primetime game, too.

Sgt PSN

Took me a minute to figure out what was edited from the original post.  Well done, sir. 

Rome

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

SunMo

from houston chronicle article:

QuoteESPN analyst Ron Jaworski will be removed from the Monday Night Football booth and spend more time in the studio as stipulated under a new five-year contract.
Jaws will not be replaced on Monday Night Football, leaving Mike Tirico and Jon Gruden as a two-man booth. Along with Mike Mayock and Cris Collinsworth, Jaworski has been one of the top color analysts in the business. His loss could send quite a few fans for the mute button on Monday nights.

Rome

Yeah but will they be reaching for the mute button to engage it or disengage it?

I like the polock but the three of them together was toxic.

MDS

THIS GUY should be on monday night football