NCAA Hoops Bracket

Started by Tomahawk, March 04, 2004, 11:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

i couldnt bring myself to pick St Joes to win it all.  

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: FastFreddie on March 18, 2004, 08:17:21 PM
I balanced out my possibly-brilliant Princeton pick with a boneheaded Nevada pick.

I guess I should stop thinking that the first 5 minutes of a basketball game means anything.   :-D

Syracuse

Quote from: NB on March 18, 2004, 07:33:06 PM
As I look around at who picked what teams to win it all, it is good to see some picked with their loyalties vs. picking who has a better team.
Korn had to go Cuse and he'll lose on that one.
[70s show Dad voice] Dumbass![/70s show Dad voice]
Someone else went with Illinois :o
A team that has Duke, Mississippi St., Texas, Cincy, North Carolina in its bracket.
Hey I guess it's good to go with a cinderella to win it all because if you are right, you'll win big points.

LMFAO, I love That 70's Show :-D
And yes, you should never underestimate the heart of a Champion.
'Cuse will repeat, and I will have the last laugh!!
I am an agent of chaos

PhillyPhreak54

I had 11 out of 16 in RS's money bracket. In this I think I had 10 out of 16 because when I was changing the ESPN picks to match my $$ picks, my dumbace forgot to switch over Manhattan. I'm a dope.

I need a few upsets today. Go Western Michigan and Murray State!

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhreak32 on March 19, 2004, 08:48:41 AM
I need a few upsets today. Go Western Michigan and Murray State!

Yes.... and no.

I have Western Michigan and Illinois (Murray St's opponent) in the Sweet 16.

ballhawkdawk

If you guys haven't tried it, use this Link to get scores and play by play that is in real time.  (cbs link)

PoopyfaceMcGee

As long as BC can hold on (and they're starting to lose it), I'll be 18/20 to start the first round... I really need them to do so, because I have them in the Elite Eight.   :paranoid

PoopyfaceMcGee

RomeyRome

I only have 15 right so far, which is what more than half the people in our league have as of now.

BUT, I haven't had one team lost, that I have picked to advance to the next round beyond that, so I haven't lost my potential points yet.  
There haven't been a lot of upsets yet which is why everyone is so close, but that will most likely change quite a bit next round.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Looks like my pick of Northern Iowa to upset GA Tech may very well have been ill-advised to a large degree.

Does anyone have Eastern Washington over Oklahoma State?!?  :o  Yikes!

RomeyRome

Quote from: ballhawkdawk on March 19, 2004, 01:39:58 PM
If you guys haven't tried it, use this Link to get scores and play by play that is in real time.  (cbs link)

Thanks, that's a good one for up to date compared to ESlowazzPN

MURP

what does PCT stand for in the rankings on ESPN?   Near Future Wingspan has a 9.5 PCT.. doesnt make sense to me.

RomeyRome

Quote from: MURP on March 19, 2004, 03:52:44 PM
what does PCT stand for in the rankings on ESPN?   Near Future Wingspan has a 9.5 PCT.. doesnt make sense to me.

I just tried to figure it out and I can't either because I have 15 out of 20 and a 59.4%???

The only thing I can think of is where you rank, you are in the 59.4 percentile.  Except that someone below Wingspan has a 60+ percentile.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MURP on March 19, 2004, 03:52:44 PM

Yes, that's what it means.  He's only better than 9.5% of the other entries at this point.

All 4 games going on right now are solid matchups.  No one's running away with anything.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: FastFreddie on March 19, 2004, 04:14:54 PM
All 4 games going on right now are solid matchups.  No one's running away with anything.

OK State is pulling away, but all the others are still hotly contested.  C'mon Western Michigan!!!

edit:  Damn... Northern Iowa's comeback is all-but thwarted, Cincy is in a dogfight, and it's looking like W-Mich will be the first team I picked to advance to the Sweet 16 that loses in the first round.   >:(  :boom