Salary cap league is ON..and still FREE

Started by RomeyRome, July 11, 2003, 03:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joneszilla

Thanks for the heads up, NB.  I didn't notice that.  i gotta go check my squad now.

RomeyRome

Just a reminder, set your final rosters before the game tonight if you are thinking about changing.  And make sure you are under the salary cap. 8)

RomeyRome

Oh and read the rules on "renogotiating".  Basically it is a rule where if you have a player locked in at a salary, say at 6.0 and he has a terrible week and his market value goes down -0.4 to 5.6  you then can hit the "renogotiate" link and your player will then be locked in at 5.6 instead of stuck at 6.0 and you gain 0.4 to spend on the rest of your team.  

This part is important too, even if you decide you don't want to keep the player after his poor performance, you must hit the renegotiate button BEFORE you release him, that will add 0.4 to your team, then you can release him.  

If that doesn't make sense, read the rules.  ;D

MURP

Quote from: MURP on August 29, 2003, 03:27:10 PM

got my roster all ready to go.  This roster is gonna dominate week 1.  You all lose.  

yep, thats what i thought.

MURP

so when do we see what players everyone had on their teams?  and when does the renegotiate feature started?

RomeyRome

For some reason it is all wierd, they are taking awhile.  But to see what players other people had, you click on the link to their team name, and then on the next page, click on the link that says

WEEK 1

and that should show you who they had.  Good stuff MURP, but it's a long season. ;)

You can go push renogotiate now, but considering how many points you got, I think you might not get a dang thing.  The difficult part of this game is that the players salaries go up FAST and rarely go down and when they do go down it is usually slow.  

RomeyRome

I forgot the rules, so just a heads up.  In this league, your OFFENSIVE players do NOT get penalized for fumbles and INTs thrown.  So if you have Culpepper and he throws 3 INTs and fumbles 2wice, but throws for 2 TDs and 250 yds.  Then you get credit for the 2 TDs and 250 yards without getting any points taken away for the INTs and fumbles.

Your defense does get credit of course when they intercept a pass or recover a fumble, but the offense doesn't get penalized for it.  I don't know why it is that way, maybe to make the league more offensive focused/more points.

MURP

how the hell did McNabb go up in value? stupid.

oh yeah, im still kicking all your asses.  8)

Tomahawk

Quote from: MURP on September 16, 2003, 09:06:46 PM
how the hell did McNabb go up in value? stupid.

oh yeah, im still kicking all your asses.  8)

There were a couple of players who did piss poor and still moved up in value. I think NoneBetta is cheating.

joneszilla

I am creeping up on you MURP.  But if Priest Holmes doesn't play this week i am farged.

RomeyRome

Like I told you all, they go up fast, and go down slow.  Or rarely at all.

MURP

Quote from: NoneBetta on September 17, 2003, 06:49:15 PM

that still doesnt answer the obvious flaw in the game.   Why does a player with 2 horrible performances go up in price?   I can understand when Priest Holmes and Culpepper go up fast.  I cant understand why McNabb would go up in price at all.  

Its like a player in Madden having an terrible season and getting a much better rating in the next release.

MURP

damn Portis and his chest pain!

this might be the last week i can say it, sooooooo:

Im still kicking your asses!  except for Joneszilla who will be winning next week.  :'( :'(

joneszilla

I don't know about that....i have a couple players on bye so i have to decide if i wanna let them sit thru the bye week, or let them go and have to buy them at their higher values after the bye.

RomeyRome

Quote from: MURP on September 17, 2003, 11:05:39 PM
Quote from: NoneBetta on September 17, 2003, 06:49:15 PM

that still doesnt answer the obvious flaw in the game.   Why does a player with 2 horrible performances go up in price?   I can understand when Priest Holmes and Culpepper go up fast.  I cant understand why McNabb would go up in price at all.  

Its like a player in Madden having an terrible season and getting a much better rating in the next release.

I'll tell you this, it doesn't matter how bad he plays in real life, if in the salary cap league he scores even 10-15 points, he is going to go up.  Yeah he played like a horses azz in real life, but he still scored some points, therefore he doesn't go down.

He has averaged 11 points a game, that is why he hasn't gone down.  This game is VERY flawed, but it is fantasy, so even if he sucks in real life, if he gets points, he ain't going down.

This will only get harder as byes come, and prices go up.