Proposal for FFL playoffs....

Started by RomeyRome, January 02, 2004, 05:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

Quote from: Tomahawk on January 05, 2004, 05:26:46 PM
Quote from: MURP on January 05, 2004, 05:23:35 PMi like how Reidme tried to sneak in Vanderjerk.   ;D

I would have given him Vanderjagt's points, thus negating Harrison's

agreed.   8)

RomeyRome

Quote from: Tomahawk on January 05, 2004, 05:26:46 PM
Quote from: MURP on January 05, 2004, 05:23:35 PMi like how Reidme tried to sneak in Vanderjerk.   ;D

I would have given him Vanderjagt's points, thus negating Harrison's
:=)

Quotedang you for putting it up late!  looks like a good idea for next year though.

I know I tried.  I took time Friday to send personal PMs out to a bunch of people in case they didn't see the thread but no one got in.

Reidme

The NFL old standard.

RomeyRome

Quote from: Reidme on January 06, 2004, 10:22:57 PM
:flipoff

I made the rules clear, and still gave you Harrison so don't get mad at me their Bob. ;D

hbionic

I would have done it NB...but I couldn't understand it. Yes...I am only at a 4th grade reading level...but my mom says I'm smart!
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Tomahawk

hmmm...you're mom always tells me, "Ooooh, that smarts."

RomeyRome

Quote from: Tomahawk on January 07, 2004, 03:51:03 PM

Having an off day in the comedy department there Thawk? ;)

Tomahawk

Quote from: NB on January 07, 2004, 03:56:26 PM
Quote from: Tomahawk on January 07, 2004, 03:51:03 PM

Having an off day in the comedy department there Thawk? ;)

Have I ever had an "On" day?  ???

RomeyRome

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 05, 2004, 04:34:49 PM
Maybe if I would have put a  ;) at the end of my statement NB would have gotten the joke.   ;)

I of course, was referring to my drafting of 2 QB's in the first 3 rounds of CFFFL.  

It was funny I was watching the NFL network and they have these super dweeb fantasy experts on this show called "Playbook".  And on one of the last shows of the regular season they made one point very clear, "DO NOT DRAFT QBs EARLY, there are always plenty of good QBs later in the draft, get your RBs and WRs early."

Man those guys are smart. :D

Tomahawk

Those guys are retarded. They must play in a league of four teams. "You should start/pick up Marvin Harrison - he's going to have a great week."

RomeyRome

Quote from: Tomahawk on January 07, 2004, 04:01:57 PM
Those guys are retarded. They must play in a league of four teams. "You should start/pick up Marvin Harrison - he's going to have a great week."

No actually they spend more time on so called unknown players, or "sleeper picks" than they do on the Harrison's of the NFL.

But it is still obvious players, atleast to people who play fantasy football.  They really don't have a lot of time on that show to get into any fantasy football depth, it in reality is a place for them to be on TV and promote their own PAY fantasy web sites.

MURP

i love it when the experts talk about players to pick up off the waiver wire... like "steve smith" or something earlier in the year.  They must play in those 4 players leagues like your talking about.  In our 16 team league we are picking guys like Koy Detmer and Reno Mahe off the waiver wire.   :o  ;)

Zanshin

Quote from: MURP on January 07, 2004, 09:14:50 PM
i love it when the experts talk about players to pick up off the waiver wire... like "steve smith" or something earlier in the year.  They must play in those 4 players leagues like your talking about.  In our 16 team league we are picking guys like Koy Detmer and Reno Mahe off the waiver wire.   :o  ;)

lol...yeah, but there aren't all that many 16-team leagues out there.  The vast majority that I've seen are 12-team leagues, though there are plenty of 10-team leagues.

If you think about it-- there are a whopping 90 spare players between CFFFL and a comparable 10-team league.  Wow.  :o

RomeyRome

Shorebird -- 109.5 points 2 players remain
Donovan -- 28.5 points
Ahman Green -- 38 points Eliminated
T. Holt -- 2 points Eliminated
M. Harrison -- 34 points
M. Andersen -- 7 points  Eliminated
Dallas Def.  --  Zero Points Eliminated
29 Points Against [ -1 ], 1 sack [ +1], 0 INTs, 0 fumble rec., 0 TDs

NB -- 136 points 2 players remain
Peyton Manning -- 75 points  
P. Holmes -- 32 points Eliminated
T. Holt -- 2 points  Eliminated
D. Jackson -- 5 points - Eliminated
Gary Andersen -- 10 points Eliminated
NE Def. 12 points
14 points against, 0 fumble rec., 1 INT, 3 sacks, 1 WIN (5points)

Gene -- 67.5 points 3 players remain
T. Brady -- 12.5 points
J. Lewis  --  3 points Eliminated
T. Holt -- 2 points Eliminated
M. Harrison -- 34 points
Morton Andersen --  7 points Eliminated
Phi Def. ;D9 points
17 points against, 0 fumble rec., 1 INT, 1 sack, 1 WIN (5points)

Reidme -- 92.5 points 3 players remain**
Brady -- 12.5 points
Holmes -- 32 points Eliminated
Harrison -- 34 points
Holt -- 2 points  Eliminated
Vanderjagt - (same team no good)
NE Def.  --  12 points
14 points against, 0 fumble rec., 1 INT, 3 sacks, 1 WIN (5points)

Satoshi -- 93.5 points 3 players remain
Brady -- 12.5 points
Holmes  --  32 points  Eliminated
Holt -- 2 points  Eliminated
Harrison  --  34 points
Elam  --  4 points   Eliminated
Phi Def.  -- 9 points
17 points against, 0 fumble rec., 1 INT, 1 sack, 1 WIN (5points)

**Reidme you are getting a second pass, I didn't realize you have both Brady and the NE defense, but since this is just a trial run for the most part and no one really cares it'll slide without losing either.  ;D

All points are TOTAL points up to date, if I screwed up and you give a rats azz, let me know and I'll fix it.

Reidme

you would think i barely read the rules ....  :P
The NFL old standard.