Week 1 - Packers: Brazilian Poon

Started by MDS, August 26, 2024, 06:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

I dgaf about the field conditions...it's football, deal with it.

Goddamn though, the officiating was piss poor.  Trying to teach the rules of the game to Brazil by flagging every other play?

I love Devonta Smith, what a f'n great WR. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

The pitch is designed for futbol, not 350 pound monsters like the dudes who played on it last night.  It's up to the staff to prepare the players to be ready to play on it.  Some were and some weren't.

Regardless, the stadium itself is tiny considering 23,000,000 people live around it.  Still really nice, though. 

And yes, the refs were a joke.  They always are, so no surprise there.

PhillyPhreak54

The field thing annoys me. Whether it's allowing turf fields bc the billionaire owners don't want to pay for the grass upkeep despite being gifted stadiums from taxpayers or allowing fields like that or in the Super Bowl - it shouldn't happen.

And if I'm an owner I'd want the best field possible so my multimillion dollar players aren't tearing ACLs making simple cuts.

SD

Happy to hear Love only has an mcl sprain which will only sideline him for 3-4 weeks.

Don Ho

Quote from: Diomedes on September 07, 2024, 09:07:35 AMI love Devonta Smith, what a f'n great WR. 

Oh yeah!  He is amazing. Clutch all day, every day.  So happy is an Eagle!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

I recently described the experience of being an Eagles fan to someone by analogy to being a dope addict:  a win is no longer a high, it's just a fix that settles me for a week or so of building anticipation and anxiety....to either another win and a fix, but no actual satisfaction, or to a loss, and an experience of suffering and withdrawal
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

hurts stinks...i hate his guts

from a football perspective. off the field hes great and everything but my god you weak armed turnover proned loser STOP THROWING THE BALL ACROSS YOUR BODY
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on September 08, 2024, 10:01:20 AMhurts stinks...i hate his guts

from a football perspective. off the field hes great and everything but my god you weak armed turnover proned loser STOP THROWING THE BALL ACROSS YOUR BODY

Rewatch he legit should have had 5 picks.

MDS

he can make some high level throws and still has elite athleticism even if hes not as explosive as he was 2 years ago...but a turnover machine qb is the worst possible thing to have. every drop back is a heart attack
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on September 08, 2024, 12:50:17 PMhe can make some high level throws and still has elite athleticism even if hes not as explosive as he was 2 years ago...but a turnover machine qb is the worst possible thing to have. every drop back is a heart attack

To his credit he was money down the stretch. Moore really needs to simplify the offense. They disguised the rpo about as well as Trump hides his racism. Way too long to develop, the ends read it perfectly. Also enough with the farging tush push.

MDS

i had to my breath every time he threw the ball and he nearly blew the game fumbling the snap...dude stinks

Rome

Just a matter of perspective here but The Jerrahs just handed Dak Prescott $240,000,000 for (4) years.  Things aren't that desperate. 

The reality is we're stuck with a guy who can squat two Dak Prescotts but can't stop throwing wounded ducks across his body.

At least he's a great human and we cheer for a team that's not mis-owned by one of these iceholes:

Diomedes

No farging shtein for real. That's the Rome I love.