Main Menu

UDFA Thread

Started by ice grillin you, April 30, 2012, 10:22:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Too much good shtein going on around here...which player blows out an ACL in minicamp? You know it's happening.

SD

I'll throw Dennis Kelly out there as the sacrificial lamb

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 30, 2012, 07:22:43 PM
Too much good shtein going on around here...which player blows out an ACL in minicamp? You know it's happening.

Aside from the obvious (Shady), pretty much any starting OL, Ryans, Nnamdi, DRC

ice grillin you

if nothing else this year is shaping up as the best training camp i can ever recall other than the TO madness

i cant farging wait
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

This is a fun game... Name the UDFAs and later-round picks most likely to land on IR with a phony injury, rather than be exposed to other teams via the practice squad.

My obvious two are Kelly and Brown.

ice grillin you

while its true that anyone can be signed off another teams practice squad at anytime its not as big a threat to losing a player as it sounds simply because you have to clear waivers to even qualify for the practice squad in the first place.....and theres no bigger exposure than being released...

you also cant practice while on the IR so i think that eliminates kelly and brown....kelly is as friggin raw as you can get...how do you not want him getting a years worth of howard mudd practice time...i cant imagine a single team is even going to sniff him if he were cut

brown has a total three carries in the last three years...i cant think of a worse candidate to sit out a year of football....that said id be shocked if brown made the team

i can see a couple of the little wideout/kr types making it...a...they always seem to have an amendola/chad hall or two...aaron pflugard seems to be on this planet for this purpose and not much else

TE and RB are also givens as they need to cover all the skill positions so people can be ray rice or jason witten in practice that week....how about jeremey stewart?

mike gasperson should come back and sign a one day practice squad contract so he can retire and eagle
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

short film about Chris Polk getting ready for combine/draft

http://vimeo.com/40271954
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger