Lions eying Heckert

Started by MURP, November 10, 2006, 09:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

I think that Banner and Lurie value Heckert more than you think, though.  If giving him outright personnel control is the only way to keep him around, they would probably do it.

Feva

Yeah, I guess so.  I could definitely see that.

But who's to say that if the Lions really do go after Heckert, Lurie won't just shove more money down his pockets, give him another BS title and call it a day like they did last year?

It just sucks that a GM change seemingly would have to come in the form of outside pressure instead of your own people not being to keep up with the set standards.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

The BIGSTUD

How about getting a GM where first round picks contribute for a change. That would be nice. Heckert is solid, but definitely can be replaced. Andrews is the only one as of late that has been pro bowl caliber.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PoopyfaceMcGee