Main Menu

JJ interview

Started by MURP, May 03, 2006, 12:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

Jim Johnson gives a good video interview with Spadz on the Eagles site.

- Says he had about 4 offseason things to get accomplished-

• DE-  they went out and got Darren Howard.  Said they have been trying to get him for 4-5 years now.
  • DT-  got "MR. Bunkley" thinks we will get push up the middle
  • SLB-  says there wasnt much out there but he feels Gocong has the tools to be an LB
  • Leadership LB- they really missed Ike Reese. Thinks Barber will take over in that aspect.  Says that there will be strong competition between Barber and McCoy for the WLB.   It almost sounds like he thinks McCoy is going to win and Barber will be the "veteran" backup LB.  hmmmm.

- says he was limited somewhat in the different schemes he could run last year because of the injury to Kalu and McDougal. Said they were #1 and #2 for the joker position.  Trent Cole obviously was new and didnt have that down.  Said his experience now will make that a non issue.

- Spadz tried to make it sound like Gocong wouldnt see much time because he has to learn a new position.... JJ said we'll see, he is very smart.   JJ hates Dhani.*     
*IMO   ;D

-  says they gave up too many pass interference calls last year and need to work on that.  Still has confidence in Michael Lewis and Dawkins still plays like a 26 year old.

- JJ says he really likes the URFA Scott Ware (JJ even smiled.  :o )  Said he would have drafted him higher but was glad they got him anyway in.

- says #4 CB is wide open between Strickland, Matt Ware, Wynn. 

Susquehanna Birder

Did he have an erection when he talked about the DL?

PoopyfaceMcGee

PhillyandBCEagles

Quote from: MURP on May 03, 2006, 12:17:54 PM
Says that there will be strong competition between Barber and McCoy for the WLB.   It almost sounds like he thinks McCoy is going to win and Barber will be the "veteran" backup LB.  hmmmm.

Does this mean Sims is done??  THANK GOD

MURP

Sims wasnt even mentioned in the interview that I know of.  And we pray. 

SD_Eagle5

Sims makes the team because he's good on ST and he's our backup at MIKE.

Trotter
Barber
McCoy
Gocong
Jones
Sims

That's how I see the LB situation panning out.

Philly_Crew

Quote from: MURP on May 03, 2006, 12:17:54 PM
Jim Johnson gives a good video interview with Spadz on the Eagles site.

- Says he had about 4 offseason things to get accomplished-

• DE-  they went out and got Darren Howard.  Said they have been trying to get him for 4-5 years now.
  • DT-  got "MR. Bunkley" thinks we will get push up the middle
  • SLB-  says there wasnt much out there but he feels Gocong has the tools to be an LB
  • Leadership LB- they really missed Ike Reese. Thinks Barber will take over in that aspect.  Says that there will be strong competition between Barber and McCoy for the WLB.   It almost sounds like he thinks McCoy is going to win and Barber will be the "veteran" backup LB.  hmmmm.

- says he was limited somewhat in the different schemes he could run last year because of the injury to Kalu and McDougal. Said they were #1 and #2 for the joker position.  Trent Cole obviously was new and didnt have that down.  Said his experience now will make that a non issue.

- Spadz tried to make it sound like Gocong wouldnt see much time because he has to learn a new position.... JJ said we'll see, he is very smart.   JJ hates Dhani.*     
*IMO   ;D

-  says they gave up too many pass interference calls last year and need to work on that.  Still has confidence in Michael Lewis and Dawkins still plays like a 26 year old.

- JJ says he really likes the URFA Scott Ware (JJ even smiled.  :o )  Said he would have drafted him higher but was glad they got him anyway in.

- says #4 CB is wide open between Strickland, Matt Ware, Wynn. 

No talk about Ware to Safety?

ice grillin you

when did sim pick up an s
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 03, 2006, 12:58:48 PM
when did sim pick up an s

Nicknames can be butchered. When I say Preems or Rico who do you think of? Pinky, Dmac etc.

ice grillin you

once.....but when three or four people start doing it i begin thinking the eagles somehow drafted ernie
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 03, 2006, 12:51:16 PM

Trotter
Barber
McCoy
Gocong
Jones
Sims

Roper might see time at MLB in camp. If he does and plays well....goodbye Simoneau

Westy

uh Sim is also our invaluable backup kicker when Akers tears his hamstring week 3

SidFarkus

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 03, 2006, 12:51:16 PM

Trotter
Barber
McCoy
Gocong
Jones
Sims

Heckert said that he think Omar Gaither can backup at MIKE.
Bleeding Green Nation
Philadelphia Eagles Blog

http://bleedinggreennation.com/