The Point & Laugh at how people communicate thread

Started by phattymatty, June 23, 2011, 11:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

Quote from: Tomahawk on June 24, 2011, 10:22:19 AM
Quote from: rjs246 on June 23, 2011, 03:44:52 PM
Facebook is so cool. Someone should make a movie about it.

They did; it's called The Social Network, and it's an alright flick.

Really?

phattymatty

Each and every one of you should be shocked/thankful anybody is inviting you to anything, and not concern yourself with the delivery method of the invite.

No shtein.

And I'm fine with Facebook invites...it gives you reminders and for people like me who can't remember past the last few days its s good thing.

Tomahawk

Quote from: Zanshin on June 24, 2011, 10:32:31 AM
Quote from: rjs246 on June 23, 2011, 03:44:52 PM
Facebook is so cool. Someone should make a movie about it.

They did; it's called The Social Network, and it's an alright flick.

Really?

You're right...it was a stupid movie full of lies

ice grillin you

anyone you are inviting to your party should already be in your email address book...stop gaying up the world with more facebook stuff...your party invite doesnt need a little comment board attached to it so idiots can try and draw attention to themselves by saying painfully unfunny stuff that they think everyone will find hilarious
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Sounds like IGY spends more time on FB then he lets on.

Anyone under the age of 25 doesn't email friends anymore. Email is for business/work/school work, and other internet things like ebay alerts and shtein. Social "emails" are just sent through text and facebook.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

charlie

I'm in my mid 30's and don't think i have sent a personal email in 4 years(hyperbole, but the point stands). Between facebook, and text/sms messaging it's just worlds easier (esp with text)

Sgt PSN

The thing that gets me is that some people seem to be of the opinion that a formal invite through the mail, email or text message is somehow more personal and acceptable than an invite over facebook and I fail to see the difference.  A phone call is certainly personal, but illogical because it's so time consuming.  A group email certainly makes a little sense, but then you've got 20 or 30+ people responding to it and flooding your inbox.  So now I've got to reply to each of them individually?  Farg that.  Same goes with text messages.  Farg that too.  A facebook invite sets the date, allows you to rsvp and gives you reminders.  If I want to invite someone who doesn't have facebook, then I'll contact them through other means and invite them.  If it's a formal event like a wedding or 50th anniversary party or something like that, then formal invitations would probably be more appropriate.  But for a bbq or birthday part of something like that, I don't see anything wrong with a group invite over facebook.  Quit resisting the way things are done in the modern world.  You sound like a bunch of republicans. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Munson on June 24, 2011, 12:28:43 PM
Sounds like IGY is not as popular on facebook party message boards as he is here.

phattymatty

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PoopyfaceMcGee

I love when people send an invite to see their zesty local band to all friends on Facebook. That's clutch.

Munson

If only they called each person individually...it'd be so much more personal
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

I think the point, Munson, is that the messages themselves are completely annoying and unwanted.

Munson