What's Wrong with the Defense?

Started by SunMo, November 14, 2005, 11:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

Whats wrong with the defense?   attitude.    Too many guys on the D are lackadaisical.   Whatever "nasty" attitude they were striving for in training camp didnt work.   Trotter and Dawkins have the right tude, but that isnt enough.   Clearly Lewis and Sheppard got a big head and didnt prepare in the offseason the way a pro bowl caliber player prepares.  Players like Hollis, Rayburn, Walker, Dhani, Adams etc only get fired up when they make a play, which is few and far between.   You could see this right off the bat in Atlanta.  Hopefully this season was a reality check for these guys.  You cant just show up and expect to have a great defense.  You have to work for it starting in the offseason.  I expect Jim Johnson to filter out the players who dont have the necessary work ethic this offseason and get some guys in who do have it. 

BigEd76

Mad-Lad

Quote from: MURP on December 30, 2005, 11:11:35 PM
Whats wrong with the defense?   attitude.    Too many guys on the D are lackadaisical.   Whatever "nasty" attitude they were striving for in training camp didnt work.   Trotter and Dawkins have the right tude, but that isnt enough.   Clearly Lewis and Sheppard got a big head and didnt prepare in the offseason the way a pro bowl caliber player prepares.  Players like Hollis, Rayburn, Walker, Dhani, Adams etc only get fired up when they make a play, which is few and far between.   You could see this right off the bat in Atlanta.  Hopefully this season was a reality check for these guys.  You cant just show up and expect to have a great defense.  You have to work for it starting in the offseason.  I expect Jim Johnson to filter out the players who dont have the necessary work ethic this offseason and get some guys in who do have it. 

Well put Murp.  The defense was far from nasty. I still think Trotter spent too much time expressing his love for TO, but I'm biased cause i don't care for him.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous