TO selling his Championship ring...donating proceeds to Katrina relief

Started by PhillyGirl, September 06, 2005, 11:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

Quote from: MURP on September 12, 2005, 03:59:49 PM
QuoteThe seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing.

fraudulent bids.

Real nice.

Scumbags have to be jerks about a GOOD thing.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Wingspan

Quote from: Eaglez on September 10, 2005, 10:35:26 AM
Quote from: Eagles 3x on September 10, 2005, 09:27:47 AM
The important part is: "RESERVE NOT MET". I'm bidding! It's not to late for my used smelly socks!  They should be worth at least 80k.

I'd be careful if you are serious about bidding. Just because the reserve isn't met doesn't mean the seller doesn't have the option of selling it to you at your bidding price when the auction has expired. In other words, a reserve not being met doesn't mean that the bid and auction are null and void.

if the reserve isnt met, either party can decline the transaction, high bidder, or seller.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Wingspan

Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 12, 2005, 04:01:58 PM
Quote from: MURP on September 12, 2005, 03:59:49 PM
QuoteThe seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing.

fraudulent bids.

Real nice.

Scumbags have to be jerks about a GOOD thing.

eh, what do you expect from a shtein site like ebay?

there are plenty of legitimate auction houses that handle high end items that this should have gone to in the beginning.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Rome

Quote from: Wingspan on September 12, 2005, 05:25:33 PM

eh, what do you expect from a shtein site like ebay?

there are plenty of legitimate auction houses that handle high end items that this should have gone to in the beginning.

An auction at Sotheby's wouldn't have drawn 1/100th of the publicity that the Ebay auction did, and let's not kid ourselves, generous gesture or not, T.O.'s all about the attention.

Just my take on this...

MURP

They are doing the auction now through approved bidders on TO's site.

Father Demon

The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

BigEd76

Quote"You can tell that the person buying this doesn't normally buy rings," said Welkowsky, who recently sold former Philadelphia Eagles owner Leonard Tose's 1980 NFC Championship ring for $6,500. "It's for a good cause and it's certainly a nice piece, but the diamond and gold value in this ring is worth no more than $3,000."

Lurie is cheap!  :deion :deion :deion