Worst season you can remember?

Started by SD_Eagle5, November 19, 2006, 04:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is this the worst season you can remember being an Eagles fan?

Yes
5 (38.5%)
No
8 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

SD_Eagle5

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say 'Yes'. The way these morons take penaltlies, refuse to run the ball, drop passes, turn the ball over, botch field goal attempts, miss tackles and whatever else I failed to mention is worse this season than it has any other season. Even last year when we were 6-10 I could acknowlede we sucked due to injuries and the whole TO fiasco. Some will point to our 3-13 season but again we knew we sucked. There were some bad years after Vermeil left under Campbell and some awful years with Kotite, but to date I can't remember seeing anything like I'm seeing now.

General_Failure

7-2 to 7-9 was pretty bad. There was more hope there, I think.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

1998 was pretty brutal.

I need Ray Rhodes to come and give me a pep talk.

mussa

Absolutely. A team with this much talent should not be in the position it is now.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: General_Failure on November 19, 2006, 05:13:04 PM
7-2 to 7-9 was pretty bad. There was more hope there, I think.

I was at the Browns game when they got destroyed and for some reason just knew the season was over then, so that year wasn't as bad for me.

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 19, 2006, 05:18:18 PM
1998 was pretty brutal.

I need Ray Rhodes to come and give me a pep talk.

It was bad but we knew in the preseason we were gonna suck. Its not like this team which has talent but makes retarded decisions.

MDS

Quote from: mussa on November 19, 2006, 05:21:20 PM
Absolutely. A team with this much talent should not be in the position it is now.

talent? mediocrity. getting them conflused.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mussa

What I really meant is you don't need the most talented team to win. If you have the right personnel (coaches) taking advantage of the players strengths.  This team has the talent, but doesn't have the right personnel. Cut and paste
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

ice grillin you

randall bryce paup was by far my worst eagle season ever

this year is nothing because what is going on is not suprising at all

what makes this year painful is knowing that andy reid will be back next year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

DH

If Randall doesnt blow his knee, win win the Super Bowl that year. That was when the D was at its peak.

That shoulda been the year.

phattymatty

this season isn't that bad for me as i didn't expect much more than a 9-7 season to begin with.  there's been many worse years as far as i'm concerned.

Sgt PSN

I've been pretty forunate with the Eagles because most of my fan life has been witness to winning football. 

1991 is when Randall was hurt.  That sucked but the team still finished 10-6.....although they did miss the playoffs.

1994 sucked because of the 2nd half collapse but that was my first year in the Marine Corps and I only got to watch a couple of games.  I felt detatched that year. 

1998 sucked too but it was to be expected.  I don't know if I saw that much suckiness coming but I knew that team wasn't winning more than a handful of games. 

I'd honestly have to say that 2005 is the worst season I've experienced as a fan.  Coming off a Super Bowl there was no reason to think they wouldn't be in contention for it again.

Then there was OD
Then there was McNabb getting hurt in the 1st game
Then there was OD
Then there was the defense sucking
Then there was OD
Then there was the injuries
Then there was OD
Then Westbrook got hurt

Last year was just an all around frustrating year because everything that could go wrong did go wrong.

This year is just annoying because the areas of this team that had big ?'s going in were excellent in the beginning (WR, LB, DL).  But after a fast start, the LB and DL play has fallen to depths previously unimaginable and even though the reciever play isn't as great as I thought it would be, it is still better off than it was when camp opened, mostly due to the late arrival of Stallworth.  But I can't say that I'm disappointed......at least, not when you take into consideration my preseason expectations of this team.