Brandon Gibson, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Feva, April 26, 2009, 04:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Seriously.  We've been over this.

PhillyPhreak54

I like Avant a lot.

And I disagree that there is no such thing as a 3rd guy. We see them all over the league. Guys who lack top flight speed, or guys who don't have the optimum height or whatever...they are niche guys. That's what Avant is. A tough over the middle guy who picks up first downs.

Rome

Curtis was a great 3rd down receiver when he played in St. Louis.  He should still be one in Philly but he's been square pegged into starting by the fat man.

Hopefully Maclin will surpass him at some point and join da pimp as a full-time starter.  That would relegate Curtis to #3 and Avant to #4.  After that I don't care who they have on the team.

Feva

Avant is an absolute lock to make this team... and he should be.

Like Phreak said, he's got a niche on this team as he has a knack for coming up with a catch on 3rd down to keep the chains moving.  Of those 32 catches last year, 22 of those went for 1st downs.  42 of his 62 catches over his 3 years here moved the chains.  Those guys are important.  No, he's not the most explosive guy... but he catches damn near everything McNabb throws his way.

Gibson can make this team, but unless he can display those same qualities Avant does and display them better, Reggie or Baskett need to be the ones worried about their spots.

Watch, I already know where this convo is about to go...
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

BigEd76

Munson

Quote from: EagleFeva on May 02, 2009, 08:38:25 AM
Watch, I already know where this convo is about to go...

Quotesigned....4-yr deal

Well, I bet you didn't see that coming.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds