Around The NFL - Week 2

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 16, 2007, 12:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 17, 2007, 01:02:42 PM
Quote from: rjs246 on September 17, 2007, 12:54:36 PM
Quote from: Magical_Retard on September 17, 2007, 12:39:40 PM
cept some of those games were not his fault alone. sal pal's implication is that mcnabb is the sole reason they eagles are 1-5 in the last 6 games. oh well it doesnt matter...if eagles lose tonight i expect a declaration of mcnabb's career being over by just not sal pal but the majority of the "experts".

I think I just threw up in my mouth. You are really reaching here dude. he's 1-5 in his last 6 starts. Don't defend him until he actually does something right.

Agreed.  And I'm as big of a DMac supporter as there is.  But dating back to last year, McNabb did not play very well in his previous 6 starts, sans the Skins game in Philly.  This actually dates back to the New Orleans game where he played fairly well, but not in crunch time.   He kept throwing TD passes to Barber in Tampa and looked like a steamy pile of hot poo agianst J-ville and wasn't doing much better against Tenn before he got hurt.  Obviously not everything that went wrong during that stretch is his fault.  But it's the one multigame stretch during his career that I can remember where this team needed him to pick them up and he didn't. 

Are you serious?

He played like crap in the Jacksonville game, and the Tennessee game. But in the saints game, the birds were down 17-3 at the half...before McNabb and Reggie Brown had a field day in the 2nd half.

Same thing in the tampa game, except switch brown for westbrook.

If anything the atrocious defense in the 4th quarters of both those game cost them after they rebounded from horrible first halves on both sides (in both games, mcnabb included).

Besides, if you go back 6 starts "sans" the skins game, the Dallas game gets put in those starts.

And here I thought this article was satire. 
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Sgt PSN

They had "flash in the pan" production in the Tampa and New Orleans games but for the most part, the offense was wildly inconsistant and McNabb was leading the charge on that one. 

And I think you misread my statement.  "Sans the taterskins game" meant that he actually played fairly well in that game.  Well, what I remember of it anyway.  I was there and drunk.   Regarless, his last 6 starts were:

NO - crap
Tampa - crap
Jville - crap
Wash - well
Tenn - crap
GB - crap

Bottom line is that the Eagles are 1-5 in his last 6 starts and he can shoulder just as much of the blame in those losses as other aspects of the team (coaching, defense, special teams, etc). 

Magical_Retard

what were his stats from the NO game? i dont remember him having a bad game so much as the defense not being able to stop NO in the 4rth qrt.

Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

PoopyfaceMcGee

McNabb's hog is obviously dripping with the saliva of Magical_Retard and Wingspan.  Christ.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Magical_Retard on September 17, 2007, 01:53:32 PM
what were his stats from the NO game? i dont remember him having a bad game so much as the defense not being able to stop NO in the 4rth qrt.

Went and checked and McNabb actually did play fairly well for most of that game.  He was 19/32, 247yds, 2 td, 1 int.  And the int I believe came on a hail mary type play at the end of the first half. 

McNabb got off to a really slow start though and it wasn't until the 2nd and 3rd quarters that the offense started clicking.  They only had one possession in the 4th qtr with the game tied at 24 and didn't do much with the ball.  NO got the ball with 8 minutes and some change on the clock and ran it down to 3 seconds when they kicked the gw fg. 

So maybe that wasn't a bad game by him but the team needed to be carried in the 4th quarter with the game tied and McNabb failed to deliver. 

This team (Reid especially) has unfairly placed an extrodinary amount of pressure on McNabb to win games over the years.  And for the most part, he has risen to the challenge.  But over the course of his last 6 regular season starts, he didn't elevate his game or the team.  I hope it's just a fluke but only time will tell.  Of course, it'd be awfully nice if Reid put a little more responsibility on Westbrook's shoulders as well.  This team showed last year that they can run the ball very effectively. 

Father Demon

I remember that game well, since I was at it (and had great seats).

Yet another close game that should have been different.  farging last second field goals suck ass.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

rjs246

Playing like shtein on the road for the entire first half of the game and expecting to win sucks ass too.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.