Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, November 27, 2006, 12:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

westbrook is way too good to be relegated to a third down back
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

No time like the present to test Westbrook's durability.  He's got five games to prove he can be counted on to run the ball 30 times a game.  Do it.  Do it now, Andy.

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Eaglez

It might be the play calling, it might be the talent, but its probably a combination of both. Even when Andy calls a play (or Marty, whoever you want to believe is calling the plays) the offense just doesn't execute particularly well.

False starts, missed blocking assignments, holding onto the ball too long, illegal shifts, dropped passes, etc.

The Colts moved the ball like clockwork on Sunday. The Eagles offense actually looked pretty good, but I think it was because they were blocking well and Garcia was actually being pretty decisive with the ball and not forcing a lot of passes. It was nice to see Westbrook just get a little check down throw and pick up 6-8 yards and every once in a while break one for 15.

That's why I say the Eagles are hit and miss. Andy might devise a great gameplan one day but then the Eagles don't execute, or Andy might make some boneheaded play calls and the reason the Eagles are unsuccessful is because of those boneheaded play calls.

There is just too much inconsistency with this team. Either the playcalling is off the mark, or the Eagles can't execute. It's a vicious cycle of crappiness.

PhilLeeD

rjs246: Uh, you lost me. FB? McNabb of the Future? The running game helping the receivers catch the ball? I think we have another crack smoker here.

What I meant by FB and "McNabb of the Future", is that we don't really know what we might get out of McNabb after this knee injury.  Somebody said it here before that he hasn't lost anything in arm or upper body strength.  Just in case he needs a Big Mean Full Back to protect him when he does have to pass, and maybe can't scramble as good in the future.  And a Full Back that can pound it in the middle and give him a break when needed.  One thing, he ain't getting no younger...

And, If the Eagles had a killer running game taking a lot of the plays...  I was insinuating that the Receivers may learn to appreciate what getting a pass thrown to them means.  I was just clowning on the Droppers we have to root for now. 

Besides, I haven't smoked crack in a looong time.  Ahhh the days of just being numb to everything.  Especially a season gone bad!
"He believed in the theory of reduction: If you keep hitting people, they don't want to get up"