draft trade- Kearse - Vince Young - redneck jokes - motorcycle repair & zen

Started by Bipolar The Titan, April 29, 2006, 06:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bipolar The Titan

Hey, what up Philly???
I hear jaws loves Cutler but Nashville loves Vince Young!

How bout TO being from UT - Chattanooga?
I live in Chattanooga. Sorry about the T.O. thing.

How's The Freak? Been keepin' him on a leash?

Thanks for the draft trade! Let's start there and see where we end up.

What do you guys know about the draft trade?

Who got the better end?

Do realize I do not know the details... I'm here today really just so I can come back when we play.
This draft trade triggered my registration early...

So, does anyone have any thoughts on the topics I have raised?

Does Vince Young remind you of McNabb or Steve McNair at all?
McYoung??? ::) sorry. I'm kind of a retard. I hope you can deal with that. :sly
hahahahaha!

So. What's up Philly?

I have an Uncle who lives there... I love the Constitution center... ;D

PhillyPhreak54

Bipolar The Titan

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 29, 2006, 06:13:59 PM
Your screen name seems to fit you well.

Welcome.
Thanks. It does. I am in fact a documented Bipolar.... I just thought I'd try to talk about as much in one thread as I could, as opposed to polluting the whole board with jibberish. Besides, I'm a goTitans.com member and I do my thing down there mostly. But I eat lithiums and depakotes on a daily basis... just part of life... anyhow... thank you so much for putting us back in the 2nd round. I'm not sure exactly what happened but I think it's great. We are just about to make our pick right now. hold on...

BigEd76

SD_Eagle5

Congrats, you guys just took Lendale White. Crowded backfield with Brown, Henry and now White, no?

Drunkmasterflex

Well they just got White also they are having a pretty good draft so far.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Dillen

Ha. Remember when Lendale said he'd take Vince over Leinart? Now he has Vince instead of Leinart.

PhillyPhreak54

Its a good pick for them.

Brown is an injury risk and Henry isn't anything special.

Vince + LenDale = nice day so far

Bipolar The Titan

Lendale White! What a pick! We are going to make you regret this trade one Sunday soon.
So, what did you get in this trade?

This is awesome. I'm so happy with these picks.

Dillen37... that is a great observation...
I like that.

Philly Phreak - "Brown is an injury risk and Henry isn't anything special."

This is so true. This #1 & #2 picks today take us so far to getting back to where we need to be.
I can't remember the Titans ever taking Offensive players #1 & #2 ...

This is a new era for us... White may be our new Eddie George....

SD_Eagle, did you know that we maintain Walter Payton's son Jared on our practice squad?
In any case, soft Chris "weak sauce" Brown will not be a Titan when his contract is done. He will be kept for now because his contract is cheap. Travis Henry's last dance with mary jane busted his balls back to near the vet minimum so he is value priced even if that means he does chief a splief in the huddle.

On the pride of the practice squad:
QuotePayton rushed for 985 yards as a fifth- year senior, and the Titans signed him as an undrafted free agent. Their coach, Jeff Fisher, was a teammate of Walter's, but this was no charity case. Jarrett Payton stuck on the Titan's practice squad throughout the '04 season and made the most of his NFL Europe allocation, averaging 5.6 yards per carry and scoring seven touchdowns.

nfl europe

mpmcgraw

Bipolar The Titan

This is what goTitans.com members are saying about White.

QuoteMaybe the 2nd best running back in the draft and finally someone who can get the 3rd and 4th down short yardage. Coach Chow knows this guy and his work ethic and how to use him. Great day for the Titans so far. Maybe package 1 of our current rbs with Sirmon and pick up a 3rd round pick even if we had to throw one of our fourth round picks. Thats dreaming I know but who would have thought we could have VY and White in the same backfield WOW. We need to find a way to get a mlb and add to defense. With the FA pickups and the draft this will be a different team this year and maybe enough to keep Steve. Great job again Reese, Coach Fisher and all the rest.
-fltitan

QuoteGreat pick!!!!      I never would have thought we would have gotten White and Young and traded down in the 2nd for white. Great day 1. I hope we can trade back into the third round great players still on the board!
-LANGSTER

QuoteI think this is an awesome pick.  With a little luck, ok a lot of luck, this is the next Earl Campbell!!
-TitanFanBudMan

QuoteAwsome! Welcome Lendale!
cBrOwN29

I like the idea of Young/White for the future myself.

I had to put this one reply of yours on our board. It's gold.
http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showpost.php?p=166268&postcount=7

Bipolar The Titan

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showpost.php?p=166511&postcount=3

I really like Vince Young alot. Any Longhorn fans in the house?

quote:Jeff Fisher, HC Tennessee Titans
We got an opportunity to pick up a pick and we considered LenDale at our previous pick before the trade with Philadelphia.  We hoped that he was going to be there when we got back down there and fortunately for us he was.
(on if he brings an Eddie George kind of style offensively)
Yes he does.  He's very strong.  You have seen him.  Inside, outside, runner with excellent hands.  He will pass protect.  All those things. He has a chance, in time, to be that type of back.  He really has a chance to be that.  I think it's well noted that we have some needs on the other side of the ball, but this was an opportunity that we could not pass up. 

Edward Nathan George, Jr. (born September 24, 1973 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania;)

PhillyPhreak54