Couple of Heckert tidbits from Reuben Frank

Started by bobbyinlondon, April 25, 2006, 12:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Sun_Mo on April 26, 2006, 01:43:19 PM
last year he was the #2, after they lost Burress.

He played like a #3, though.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SidFarkus

Quote from: Sun_Mo on April 26, 2006, 01:43:19 PM
last year he was the #2, after they lost Burress.

Cedric Wilson lined up opposite Ward more often in 2 WR sets. Randle El almost always was in the slot or came out of the backfield.
Bleeding Green Nation
Philadelphia Eagles Blog

http://bleedinggreennation.com/

SunMo

Terrell Owens lined up in the slot and came out of the backfield too, is he a #3?

Rome

Ugh... more Randle El crap, I see.

Once and for all, Randle El is a gimmick player and nothing more.

Snyder signed him for the same reason that every fat little rich kid wants every new toy at Kiddie City.  No one else was giving him that kind of money, so in essence, fat boy was bidding against himself.  Just like he always does.

Saying he's a better receiver than anyone on the Eagles right now is ridiculous.  He wouldn't even be the best punt returner on the Eagles.  Westbrook holds that distinction.  I'll give you the kickoff returner thing, though.  Of course, if spending $30M for a kickoff returner/4th string QB/2nd WR hybrid is your idea of greatly improving the Eagles, let's just say I'm glad you're not in charge of personnel decisions.

SidFarkus

Quote from: Sun_Mo on April 26, 2006, 01:53:41 PM
Terrell Owens lined up in the slot and came out of the backfield too, is he a #3?

No. He was on the field in 2 WR sets. Randle El usually was not.
Bleeding Green Nation
Philadelphia Eagles Blog

SunMo

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on April 26, 2006, 01:55:43 PM

Saying he's a better receiver than anyone on the Eagles right now is ridiculous. 

McCants, McMullen, and Greg Lewis are all better WR than Randle El?

ice grillin you

No. He was on the field in 2 WR sets. Randle El usually was not

complete and utter making up of information

cant have a discussion with people like this

just say you dont like him and he sucks...thats your honest opinion and it can be respected...but blatanly making up stuff like randel el wasnt in the steeler two wr sets is just ignorant...do you really think because you say something a) its true b) people will believe you
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SidFarkus

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 26, 2006, 02:01:14 PM

just say you dont like him and he sucks...thats your honest opinion and it can be respected...but blatanly making up stuff like randel el wasnt in the steeler two wr sets is just ignorant...do you really think because you say something a) its true b) people will believe you

I watched Steeler games. It's true. You're just saying the opposite and claiming it's true... If you don't believe me that he was the #3, heres's a link for the Steelers depth chart as of the start of January. http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=nfl/teams/depth082.htm

I don't think he sucks. I think for what he is, that he's a very nice player and I would have liked him on the Eagles. But is he worth $30 million and would have saved the Eagles passing game? That's just a joke.
Bleeding Green Nation
Philadelphia Eagles Blog

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Sun_Mo on April 26, 2006, 01:53:41 PM

I was more referring to Randle-El's PRODUCTION.  They wanted him to step up into Burress's role and be a solid #2 receiver, and he was only average at best in that role.

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 26, 2006, 02:01:14 PM

hines ward and cedric wilson were #1 and #2

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

rjs246

Plaxico Burress' AVERAGE stats as Pittsburgh's #2 receiving option:

Quote14.5g/p  60rec  973yds 16.3ypc 5.5tds

Randel El's stats as Pittsburgh's #2 receiving option:

Quote16g/p  35rec  558yds 15.8ypc 1td

Clearly their offense has room for a productive second receiver. Clearly Randel El wasn't that guy. The Eagles receivers suck, no doubt, but jesus, Randel El wasn't going to be the end all solution. MAYBE he would have been the second receiver and he would have contributed on special teams, but he isn't any different than Gaffney as a receiver so can you farging retards stop talking about the taterskins' 2nd/3rd receiver and return man?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Feva

Quote from: rjs246 on April 26, 2006, 07:14:51 PM
Plaxico Burress' AVERAGE stats as Pittsburgh's #2 receiving option:

Quote14.5g/p  60rec  973yds 16.3ypc 5.5tds

Randel El's stats as Pittsburgh's #2 receiving option:

Quote16g/p  35rec  558yds 15.8ypc 1td

Clearly their offense has room for a productive second receiver. Clearly Randel El wasn't that guy. The Eagles receivers suck, no doubt, but jesus, Randel El wasn't going to be the end all solution. MAYBE he would have been the second receiver and he would have contributed on special teams, but he isn't any different than Gaffney as a receiver so can you farging retards stop talking about the taterskins' 2nd/3rd receiver and return man?

Good shtein.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews