Final Answer - Will the Eagles trade for Javon Walker - yay or nay.

Started by MURP, April 21, 2006, 08:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

NBC10 reported the #45 trade offer as well.  Heckert said that they talked a lot with Green Bay but he started to feel like it was a waste of time dealing with them so they traded up instead to get Justice....

The BIGSTUD

I don't think GB would've traded him to the NFC unless we offered a 3rd round pick on top, and that simply isn't worth it for a player coming off an ACL tear.

There is still time to find a receiver. Someone like Joe Horn could shake loose.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Philly Forever on May 01, 2006, 12:05:15 AM
I don't think GB would've traded him to the NFC unless we offered a 3rd round pick on top, and that simply isn't worth it for a player coming off an ACL tear.

There is still time to find a receiver. Someone like Joe Horn could shake loose.

You said he was worth 2 2nds just yesterday.

Quote from: Philly Forever on April 29, 2006, 11:14:45 AM
Excellent. Now we just need to push for him like a child birth and get him in Philly. As long as it doesn't completely destroy their draft plans, they should do whatever it takes to get him. Start offering picks next year. They want 2 2nds then offer our 2nd this year and one next year. IMO it's worth the risk because he's so good. Meanwhile I'm sure the Eagles could do something in the meantime to get a 2nd round pick for next year back. They are good at trading for future picks.

To which I replied:

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 29, 2006, 11:15:42 AM
I wouldn't trade 2 2nd's for a guy coming off an ACL injury. A 2nd and a 4th would get it done IMO.

Don't mean to toot my own horn but....

PhillyPhreak54

And why would Joe Horn shake loose?

They're trying to unload Stallworth as it is. If they let go of Horn, who do they have to catch the ball?

Feva

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 01, 2006, 12:45:10 AM

And why would Joe Horn shake loose?

They're trying to unload Stallworth as it is. If they let go of Horn, who do they have to catch the ball?

You can't expect him to think that far ahead, can you?
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyPhreak54

PoopyfaceMcGee

Reggie Bush!  They should trade away the rest of their offensive skill players now!

The BIGSTUD

FWIW, Eskin said that the Eagles had a contract worked out with Walker, and made big strides to bring him in but the Packers just wouldn't do it.

He said he's going to give out the contract details later. He'll milk that to get ratings, probably until the 6:00 hour.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Rome

The BIGSTUD

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Philly Forever on May 01, 2006, 03:34:25 PM
He said the contract was 7.5 million a year.

That's about equal to, if not more than what TO was due to make isn't it?   

SD_Eagle5

Andy was on WIP and said the Pack was holding out for a 1st from us. Said they had a contract in place for Walker, but it became obvious they wanted to deal him to the AFC.

Think that last part was the sticking point, the Pack would have shipped him to us only if we outbid Denver by a somewhat sizable margin.

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"