Heckert Promoted to Eagles GM

Started by Beermonkey, January 02, 2006, 07:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

rjs246

Try getting this shank out of your neck.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

QB Eagles

Sal Pal advocates bringing in outside football operations guy. I disagree with him, I don't think the team is an echo chamber of poor decision-making.

MURP

QuoteRemember: The collapse of the 2005 Eagles has been historic

Sal Pal couldnt be more dramatic if his hair was on fire in that picture.   Yeah, some bad moves were made.  That doesnt mean that every move from now on will be terrible.   Dont years of good personel moves account for anything now?   please.   If anything, Reid needs help calling some FRICKEN RUN PLAYS.

Diomedes

And the clock.  Don't forget the clock.  Motherfarger needs to get the goddamned plays into the huddle sometime before 10 seconds left on the play clock.  God damn it!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

QuotePoor Management Decision I: Letting defensive end Derrick Burgess sign with the Oakland Raiders.

The team was high on Burgess, but the guy was practically injured his whole career and got a ridiculous sum of money from Oakland. Wasn't exactly a boneheaded move, no one predicted he would be the league leader.

QuotePoor Management Decision II: Bringing in Mike McMahon to back up McNabb.

Sounds like a reason for outside guys like Marty to NOT join the team's staff.

QuotePoor Management Decision III: Releasing defensive tackle Corey Simon.

Simon still wasn't worth what he was asking for.

QuotePoor Management Decision IV: Allowing Terrell Owens to poison the season.

There was no good decision to be made about TO. It was lose-lose from the second he hired Rosenhaus.

Of course management mistakes have been made, but I don't see evidence of any historic collapse in those examples Sal Pal gives.

Quote from: Diomedes on January 04, 2006, 02:31:59 PM
And the clock.  Don't forget the clock.  Motherfarger needs to get the goddamned plays into the huddle sometime before 10 seconds left on the play clock.  God damn it!

Amen. The pathetic clock stupidity demonstrated by both Reid and McNabb on countless occasions needs to go away. They should think up every possible clock scenario and practice the hell out of all of them. Practice the playing, practice the coaching. That shtein should be second nature before they take one damn snap next year.

Cerevant

Quote from: QB Eagles on January 04, 2006, 02:37:16 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on January 04, 2006, 02:31:59 PM

Amen. The pathetic clock stupidity demonstrated by both Reid and McNabb on countless occasions needs to go away. They should think up every possible clock scenario and practice the hell out of all of them. Practice the playing, practice the coaching. That shtein should be second nature before they take one damn snap next year.

As I asked in another thread...

Quote from: Cerevant on January 04, 2006, 11:42:39 AM
Quote from: phillymic2000 on January 04, 2006, 10:03:27 AM
#4 The clock management at the end of the 1st half by PSU was sweet, great job by the staff being aware of their situation.
If a 79 year old coach and a bunch of college kids can pull off a 2 minute drill, why can't the Eagles?
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

MURP

true true... the clock management has been an issue since day 1.  I remember back in '99 chalking it up to a rookie head coach.  ha. 

General_Failure

Hopefully with Childress leaving and Morningwood being shunned Reid won't play telephone with the calls anymore.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Wingspan

historic?

1989 - Denver Broncos lose Superbowl
1990 - 5-11

1998 - Atlanta Falcons lose superbowl
1999 - 5-11

1998 - Denver Broncos won 2nd superbowl
1999 - 6-10

2002 - Oakland Raiders lose superbowl
2003 - 4-12

yeah it's absolutely historic...fargnut
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

methdeez

Thank you.
Historically above average!

hunt

from 1st place in the division to last place in the division.
from 6-0 in divisional games to 0-6 in divisional games...the worst divisional record in team history.

yes, it was a historic collapse...admit it.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

PoopyfaceMcGee

Who cares if it was historic or not?  It sucked hard either way.