What I've learned from WIP in the last 3 hours

Started by PhillyandBCEagles, November 15, 2005, 04:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4and26

Lets face it listening to WIP just makes me laugh.        It also tells me that there are a lot of fans out there that don't remember what it was like to have Detmer/Peete/Rypien/Hoying/Pedersen as your starter.  What it was like to lose more games in a season than you won.         I'm in disbelief that so many people are down on the Eagles and everyone that plays for them.       
And I cannot believe that their are Eagle players would want TO (sorry to mention his name) back!

It's all just shocking to me!

Rome

WIP is a shell of its former self.  It's a waste of time and why people listen to it expecting anything more than people screaming at each other and calling each other morons is beyond me.

Too much hype and not enough sensible analysis.  Of course, that statement could be applied to ESPN and just about every other sports broadcasting outlet these days, so...

Mad-Lad

I've completely cut myself off from all sports radio except for Mike & Mike in the Morning when i'm getting ready for work.  They don't take themselves too seriously and rarely take calls from listeners.  After that, I try to catch "Spanning the Globe" on Colin Cowherd's show.

As soon as that's over it's 80's power ballads for the rest of my day.

PhillyandBCEagles

Quote from: 4and26 on November 16, 2005, 03:57:19 PM
Detmer/Peete/Rypien/Hoying/Pedersen as your starter

The sad thing is that a number of those guys (Koy Detmer, Peete, Hoying) were awesome for like 3-4 games before starting to suck.  Actually Koy Detmer never even got the chance to suck, IIRC he looked pretty good in the last few games of the '98 season then Peterson came in out of nowhere and got named the starter.

General_Failure

Yeah, but Koy's still here. All hail Neckbeard!

The man. The myth. The legend.

archer

Quote from: Mad-Lad on November 16, 2005, 04:08:04 PM
I've completely cut myself off from all sports radio except for Mike & Mike in the Morning when i'm getting ready for work.  They don't take themselves too seriously and rarely take calls from listeners.  After that, I try to catch "Spanning the Globe" on Colin Cowherd's show.

As soon as that's over it's 80's power ballads for the rest of my day.

What about Eskin in the afternoon?

archer

According to Eskin, T.O.'s radio show is still going to be on the air Friday at 5pm. That should be some good listening.

Catapult

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on November 16, 2005, 04:03:11 PM
WIP is a shell of its former self.  It's a waste of time and why people listen to it expecting anything more than people screaming at each other and calling each other morons is beyond me.

WIP is only good for Sixers Games, Flyers Games, the NFL Radio Network (when it pops up), and the Friday Phillies Games..  Everything else is a waste of money and hot air.
Please select your blitz package:  Zone, Darth, Mad Tiger, Train Wreck, Monster, Kitchen Sink, Jail Break, or Bench Press (new!)

General_Failure

Even those things aren't really worth listening to.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

Quote from: Catapult on November 17, 2005, 04:43:59 PM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on November 16, 2005, 04:03:11 PM

WIP is only good for Sixers Games, Flyers Games, the NFL Radio Network (when it pops up), and the Friday Phillies Games..  Everything else is a waste of money and hot air.

I miss wheels. :(
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Feva

Quote from: General_Failure on November 16, 2005, 06:11:36 PM
Yeah, but Koy's still here. All hail Neckbeard!
You just CAN NOT stop Neckbeard... you can only hope to contain him.  And even then... you're hoping against hope... and hoping hopelessly... therefore, without any hope of being hopeful.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews