Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

yeah watching it live it was very good but watching the wide high camera angle from behind home plate where you can see the whole field and the track of the ball it was great....espn showed that angle where they put the tracking line on the ball like in golf and it made it look much much more impressive
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

on 2nd watch it felt like more marsh's ball...he let up as rojas was sprinting toward it. either way to me thats a ball that a good big league OF tracks down whether its the lf or cf.

but in a larger context its the very type of play rojas needs to make if hes going to be a functional ML player
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Thought he was a good signing but this is a well deserved release

QuoteThe Phillies have released Whit Merrifield. It just didn't work out. They have called up Weston Wilson.

SD

Quote from: MDS on July 12, 2024, 02:10:37 PMon 2nd watch it felt like more marsh's ball...he let up as rojas was sprinting toward it. either way to me thats a ball that a good big league OF tracks down whether its the lf or cf.

but in a larger context its the very type of play rojas needs to make if hes going to be a functional ML player

There aren't many CFs with Rojas's speed and none with that type of closing speed. He closed on that ball full sprint and still caught it up in the air near the wall at an angle. A lot of baseball fans think diving catches are amazing and some are but the outfielders usually diving because they're too slow to get in position.

PhillyPhreak54

Ranger gettin got again?

Sweep the Doyers and Sacravegas A's come knocking

Don Ho

We all saw this coming tonight.  They were ordained as Kings of baseball 24 hours ago and they were do for the big let down against this trash of a franchise. Phillips gets rocked tomorrow so load up on the Tums and Pepto.

Ranger not looking sharp of late, concerned anyone?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Don Ho on July 12, 2024, 08:29:05 PMWe all saw this coming tonight.  They were ordained as Kings of baseball 24 hours ago and they were do for the big let down against this trash of a franchise. Phillips gets rocked tomorrow so load up on the Tums and Pepto.

Ranger not looking sharp of late, concerned anyone?

Dead arm, more than likely.  He's pitched more innings to this point than he has before.  Velocity is down, particularly after a couple of innings.  Hopefully, the break helps, but if his next start or two is similar, then it could be more of an issue.

Geowhizzer

Well, that sucked.  On to the next game.

ice grillin you

enjoy the ride boys

SD

Geowhizzer

Christopher Sanchez is now on the All-star roster, replacing Chris Sale.

Ranger Suarez is replaced on the roster by Max Fried.

MDS

phillips wasnt amazing but he was competent enough and earned another start. hes probably useable enough to be their 6th for august...yes the phillies are going to win the division with tyler phillips and tajuan walker starting 1/3rd of their games for a 4+ week stretch. baseball.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

this is embarrassing

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 14, 2024, 03:03:19 PMthis is embarrassing

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 11, 2024, 01:03:44 PMi long ago stopped enjoying rides...im too old for that shtein...titles is all i care about...especially the sixers...just want one of those before i leave this hell hole of a planet

Make up your mind

Don Ho

Picked the best day to sleep in!

Lot of teams need the AS break. So glad Ranger and Wheeler are not playing in that exhibition game.  My hope is they spend the week alternating between ice baths and a hot tub. don't even look at a baseball.

My other hope? Wherever ser shteins the bed, Ruiz, few other of the jugs machine don't return from their vacation destinations.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.